• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Internal Error 500 - Administrator Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

stash

Reaction score
Hi,

I just updated my 3cx v10 to v11 and after that i cannot access myphone or anything that needs IE.
Did anyone experience this?

Thanks,

STASH

Re: Internal Error 500

I have same situation with server 2012 and v 11,

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31473

Hi,

What web server and operating system are you using?

I get error on server 2012, IIS, 3cx v11, on other OS v11 is working fine (xp sp3 abby, windows 7 abby, server 2008R2 IIS)

Hi,

Indeed there is an issue with IIS on Windows Server 2012. We are looking into it right now and it will be fixed in the future. Meanwhile please use Abyss on that operating system.

danhriscanu said:
Hi,

Indeed there is an issue with IIS on Windows Server 2012. We are looking into it right now and it will be fixed in the future. Meanwhile please use Abyss on that operating system.

Ok, thanks for the info...

hi Sir Dan,

Im using windows server 2003 x86. Abyss server. can this be fixed with the new release SP 1??

Thanks,

STASH

IIS will never be usable for 3CX on a 2003/XP PC/Server.
This is due to the lack of implementation in the IIS to support SilverLight Apps.

mixig said:
danhriscanu said:
Hi,

Ok, thanks for the info...

Can someone with server 2012 and SP2 check is now everything ok?

From blog:This service pack fixes several issues and also adds new features such as support for Windows 8, Windows Server 2012

Thanks

StefanW said:
Can someone with server 2012 and SP2 check is now everything ok?

From blog:This service pack fixes several issues and also adds new features such as support for Windows 8, Windows Server 2012

I installed SP2 after discovering that I couldn't access voicmail, web based management etc! It is still the same after installing SP2 so it didn't fix the IIS issue..... Not sure about a clean install with SP2 included!

Hi Sam, you need to download the Full installation of 3CX Phone System Version 11.
http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneSystem11.exe

Thanks

A clean full install is required.
Reason - when a software is released BEFORE an operating system release, this means that the software installation COULD NOT be tested on the final version of the operating system that was released. This is logical.

So make it a point in the future - even with other applications, that before the company officially releases support for the new OS, do not try installing a version that was released before.

nickybrg said:
A clean full install is required.
Reason - when a software is released BEFORE an operating system release, this means that the software installation COULD NOT be tested on the final version of the operating system that was released. This is logical.

So make it a point in the future - even with other applications, that before the company officially releases support for the new OS, do not try installing a version that was released before.

I did as you stateted but I still get the 500 error! Anymore ideas?

Uninstall Everything
Make sure everything is clean
Remove IIS from the roles
Then restart the machine
Download 3CX SP2 Installation from 3CX.com
Then install
And let me know if it works or not.

Still not working!

Gets an error the same as listed in the following post

http://www.3cx.com/forums/windows-server-2012-sbs-31473.html

Download teamviewer
Send me ID and Pass (via email [email protected])
Let me check - be quick - If I need to do this, I need to do it right now.

I might just start from scratch and blow the VM away! Maybe the non 2012 version has screwed something up in 2012! That is all that is running on the particular VM and it is only member server...... I went away from Asterisk because it was a pain running under VM!

The non 2012 did not screw anything on the server.
The non 2012 just did not add the required scripts and components required for the IIS on Server 2012 to work and the scripts were not run for the websites to run on 2012. Why? Because it was NON 2012. So you would expect this.
All you need to do is Uninstall completely - Everything- Do not leave temp files
Install 3CX Phone system with SP2 and it will work.

What version of 2012 are you using?

Or else if you are running on a VM - just revert to a snapshot - Cannot see what the big deal is - it takes 5 seconds... I hope you made a snapshot of the machine just after you installed. After you install a machine, perform full updates to date and the first thing you should do is take a snapshot.

I got it working!

What I did was

- Uninstall 3cx
- Uninstall IIS
- tried to run Installation checker but .Net 3.5 wasn't installed
- Installed .Net 3.5
- Ran Installation checker (ok)
- Installed IIS
- Ran windows updates
- Installed 3CX
- Just had a blank screen in IE
- Installed Firefox

All Good now!

Re IE blank screen - Press button Compatability mode.
This is because the library we are using for the design does not have support for Windows 8 / 2012 yet.
Or use FF / Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.