• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Internal/External calls - Set away/lunch/busy etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrRubber

Reaction score
Little bit unique this situation but at my particular branch we have two extensions, one for me, one for my offsider.

The problem we face is that if I go out at present, I set both our phones to "away" Because my offsider is very much in training and can't take external calls just yet.

However staff at our other branches also can't contact him under that setting.

So what I'm trying to find out is if I can set him up for "lunch" as an example, and have him receive internal calls, but not external calls ??

If so, How ?

Thanks in advance :)

Greg

Hello @DrRubber

How do external calls end up to your extensions? Are your extensions part of a Queue or a Ring Group?

Call group.

We're both in one call group, but I'm also in another call group.

(so we both receive calls aimed at "Hamilton" however I also receive calls aimed at "Auckland")

Hello @DrRubber

You can configure his 'Lunch' status so while in this status he won't be receiving calls from Ring Groups. In order to do that, go to Management Console>Extensions>Specific Extension>Forwarding Rules. Here select 'Lunch' from the Statuses Drop Down Menu and deselect "Accept calls from Ring Groups" under Options.
Now if you change the status of this extension to 'Lunch' he will be able to receive internal calls but external calls via the Ring Group won't reach him.

Reactions: DrRubber
Brilliant thank you !!

I'll let you know how we get on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.