• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Internal handover doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovt001

Reaction score
Hi,
I want to use 3CX on HTC Sence through VOip.
A made a connexion to a Siemens PBX with a SIP account and the quality of voice is very good.

My problem i that the call disconnect when I move into my company.
It's always when the handover between 2 access point happen.

Did I need to configure something into the 3CX Android client?
Support 3CX for Android handover?

Thank you

It is probably the phone itself that is dropping a connection when moving between two access points. I'm pretty sure that sort of thing (roaming between AP's) was not really a priority with the Wifi portion of the phone, as it would be with GSM, CDMA, or 3G. they probably figured that you would make a connection, and then stick with that initial hotspot, not start wandering out of range. The WiFi network would also have to be capable of handing off devices from one AP to another. The device would have to be capable of maintaining two connections during the handover process. That gets a bit complicated.

Thank you for your answer.
But do you think that the phone (HTC) drop the connection?
Are you sure that the application 3CX is able to make handover call.

I'm not sure who drop de connection, phone device of application?

thank's

I'm pretty sure that the wireless portion of the phone is not designed to keep a connection up when moving from one access point to another. It will re-establish to another AP, but not seamlessly. Once there is a "disconnect" then 3CX will have to re-register.

It takes a very sophisticated , intelligent network (and device) to seamlessly do hand-overs from one site to another.

Do you propose that I take contact with HTC to be sure that this device is able to make Handover to another Access point?

It would be interesting to see what they have to say.
I'm sure that it's not that the phone will move from one access point to another, and re-establish a wireless connection, we know that it will do that, it's just that it will not be seamless (being able to continue a conversation while doing so).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.