internal-incoming calls work fine...outgoing does not work

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by devildog1968, Apr 13, 2007.

1. devildog1968

Hello again....

I am having a new and very annoying issue.

I have a 3102 linked to a vonage line. Last week, I configured everything and it worked fine. Today, I tried to add a SECOND 3102 to join in a landline so all calls vonage/verizon would go thru the 3cx. After I did that, I noticed I couldn't connect outbound. I am not sure if it was working imeediately before the addition of the second line, but it was working (outbound) on Tuesday (3 days ago) and nothign had changed since.

The line I had working, I deleted then recreated (I had mis-named it and you can't change it in the console...wish list item). I left the 3102 ALONE. I didn't make any changes to it (till later in troubleshooting). I recreated the PSTN connection in 3cx and built it EXACTLY the same.

Now it doesn't make any out bound calls. The devices both register on the "PSTN" and the Vonage line registers on the "line 1". (verizon isn't used for outgoing calls.

If I leave the port the default 5060, I get this immediately upon the completion of the dial:

15:09:03.000 CallConf::Rejected Call (C:1A) is rejected: Not Found
    15:09:03.000 StratInOut::eek:nCancel Call from Ext.1091 to xxxxxx2287 has been terminated; reason: Not Found
    15:09:02.906 CallConf::eek:nIncoming Incoming call from Ext.1091 to sip:99xxxxx2287@192.168.0.5

If I change the port to say 5062, I get the following

14:44:42.187 CallConf::Rejected Call (C:15) is rejected: Destination is not answering
    14:44:42.187 StratInOut::eek:nCancel Call from Ext.2000 to xxxxxx2287 has been terminated; reason: Request Timeout
    14:44:31.125 StunClient::process STUN resolved external IP=xxx.xxx.156.18:2669 by server 80.239.235.209

I made sure I changed the port on the 3102 back and forth to correctly match the changes on the 3cx.

I tried deleting the new Verizon link, but no luck there...I also tried to delete and recreate the Vonage link withOUT the verizon link on the machine.

and to make it even MORE annoying, I CAN get inbound calls....they work perfectly fine...

any advice is welcomed...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a general rule create a unique sip port for each ATA

So SPA 1 give it 5061 spa 2 5062 etc.

Now keep in mind that each SPA should have two SIP ports one for Line 1 and one for PSTN, this just to keep it simple.

Also you might want to configur you dial rule to be able to route through different SPA's eg press 0 for spa1 and 9 for spa 2.

Each SPA must have its own line configured so on SPA1:

Dial Plans
    DP 8 is (S0:10001)
    and its unique authentication in the on the line1 settings.

SPA2
    DP 7 is (S0:10002)
    and its unique authentication on the line1 settings.

See the trick is (i think) to keep both SPA seperate, create two seperat circuits as we call it. You cannot put them in serial and make them look like the same. 3cX needs to know where to route the call to.

3. devildog1968

Thank you for the qucik reply.
    I have both lines set as follows:
    SPA1 5060 (line 1) 5061 (PSTN)
    SPA2 5062 (line 1) 5063 (PSTN)
    The 3cx has the IP of SPA1 pointing to 5060, and the SPA's IP pointing to 5062.

I only have one outbound route. All traffic is supposed to go out thru the Vonage line. It has an prefix ID of 99.

This I did NOT have. I had the ID's in the DP right, but had them BOTH set to DP8. I have fixed it, but still nothing. I don't see the call ever make it to the SPA either. Dies immediately after the dial. I get "Call (C:2F) is rejected: Not Found" and the recorded message "The person are calling is unavailable...."

also, I am not sure if it matter, but I can't get the SPAs to registers if I don't use the internal ID as the USER ID....it gives me failed registrations.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually you are correct that should work, as you have two different SPA's

I think you dial plan is incorrect.

If you dial to the Vonage line for all outgoing and you get. "The person are calling is unavailable...." which from my point of view is "please check the number and try again"

When dialing the number the prefix should be dropped of as it is not part of the number, in your case that is "99"

You want them to be registered in 3CX otherwise you cannot really use them. But my understanding is that you only will use them for incomming calls on the PSTN, how do you go to the Vonage line? Are you using one or both SPA's for that?

5. devildog1968

thanks for being on the other side of the world...I might get this fixed tonight and get some sleep... :lol:

I have (S0<:10000>) in the DP8 field on SPA1.

I figured that was part of the issue, but could NOT figure out why or how to fix it. I tried dropping it to one digit, but same issue. I changed the number to 77 from 99, same issue. If I dial direct without the 99 (or with only one 9) I get this

Can not resolve target for call from "Chris"<sip:2002@192.168.0.5>;tag=6f25e11a to "9xxxxxx2287"<sip:9xxxxxx2287@192.168.0.5>

It seems to give the not found only when I enter the 99. I even went so far as to reboot it since it on a windows system. (Chris is a MCSE, so I'm allowed to make those jokes) :wink:

I have one Vonage line and one hardline. one SPA connected to each. Each SPA drops into a switch that ties it to the 3cx. I am using it to route calls BOTH from incoming lines to the 3cx. The outbound calls are only supposed to go out thru the Vonage line. I am only using one SPA to connect to the Vonage line. The other line is local only .....really more like a pay phone. Free to call to, but not to call out from.

Chris

6. devildog1968

on a side note...

I can't get my 3cx to forward Email to My exchange 2007 server....any ideas?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MSCE :lol: well you might become my new best friend. Always handy to have one of those in the contacts list :).

Ok baby steps...
    =========================================
    Vonage first.
    Line is registered but call does not reaches destination.

So we set that one up as Provider (not gateway your SPA will be the gateway)
    Outbound proxy hostname or IP will be the vontage stuff.
    Proxy port is 5060
    Than under advanced options leave that as is.

This provider ties to the number 1000

In the line setup you fill in your login id etc you for sure got all of that.

Under Outbound Call rule you have number starting with '99" and select under Voip provider the one you configured for vontage.

all these settings should work, it will drop 99 from the number.

=========================================
    I been reading up on some of the Vonage stuff, are you using a locked device or something like that? Seems that vonage is a bit silly about things like that and is not really keen to hand out account info etc.

anyway what is your dial plan on the spa line1 that you use for vonage? You are not re-introducing the "99" are you?

The bottom line is that the number dialed is not the correct number to be used for Vonage to identify the called party.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: on a side note...

Have you configured a SMTP connector on the Exchange server?

Than under general settings, voice mail

enter: smtp.[exchangeservername]:25

That should work.

Hmm Exchange 2007, hey is it true it only runs on 64bits architecture? I have not received it as part of my actionpack but if it only runs on 64bits than it is no good for me anyway.

9. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Henk,

Yes, Exchange 2007 only runs on 64 bit (although there is a 32 bit test version). :-(

10. devildog1968

Actually, the 32-bit version runs in production too...they (MS) don't call it a production version as they offer NO support on it. wprks just the same more or less...

11. devildog1968

I dont' have access to the Vonage info, hence the need for the SPA. I am trying to figure out why it doesn't work anymore since I have added the second SPA. Are you saying I should configure a VOIP connection to the SPA instead of a PSTN to the SPA??

the device is locked. I could get a softphone with Vonage, but really limited on the number of minutes...that is why I went with the SPA. I am not sure what you mean by dial plan? Do you mean the one on SPA? (that is set to (S0<:10000>) on the PSTN) or do you mean the outbound rule on the 3cx (that is set to 99 with rr in transform mask)? When a user dials..they dial 99 Areacode-number on the IP phone and it dies, with the "not found". when a user dials Areacode-number it dies, with a not resolved.

12. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

You must get the softphone option if you want to use Vonage.....

13. devildog1968

Nick,

I thought I only needed a softphone if I wanted to use a SIP connection to Vonage? I thought the SPA would allow me to connect to the Voange system thru the regular phone interface on the Vonage ATA. I had it working with the SPA about a week ago without having a softphone.