• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Internal IP address changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

voice11

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hello there,
I had setup a test lab with V15.5, had couple window clients provisioned which worked fine. I had to restart the computer & now it has a different internal IP address & phones no longer work. Outside facing IP is static but internal seem to keep changing. After reading I un-installed & reinstalled with backup copy...but same thing. I didn't get option for static IP for internal IP. Can someone advise a fix pls? Having to re-provision phones every time computer starts is no fun lol. Thank you in advance.

It's pretty easy to change your Windoze or linux to a static IP. Google it.

Is this on windows or Linux? You are using DHCP. Either set a static ip on the 3CX or set a reservation on DHCP for the correct IP address.

Reactions: voice11
Its Debian on Vmware. I have static IP.... even before the re-install. But problem is that static is for external, but my internal IP keeps changing. Before it was 192.168.1.11, now its 192.168.1.8 and I don't find option to change/manually input the internal IP.

Is this on windows or Linux? You are using DHCP. Either set a static ip on the 3CX or set a reservation on DHCP for the correct IP address.
Thank you neville. I knew it was pretty basic but was looking at wrong places. I was able to reserve IP on the router itself. Changing IP on 3CX didn't really work for me, but that's fine I am able to do what I was trying. Thank you.

Edit the /etc/network/interfaces file with nano or other editor. You should have something like this (for Debian 9 Stretch):

nano /etc/network/interfaces
Code:
# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug ens192
auto ens192
iface ens192 inet static
    address 192.168.1.100/24
    gateway 192.168.1.1
dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.