Internal network with extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by abc, May 16, 2007.

1. abc

abc

Hi, I'm new to this software and am wondering if I can set up an internal network for 2 wireless VoIP phones such that they can talk to each other like a walkie talkie via a router, if I have a pc set up with the 3CX software. This network is not connected to the internet so I'm wondering if it will work and how. Thanks for the help.

2. silentfun

silentfun Member

in fact you need no internet connection - perhaps for licence check put i don

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which ones do you have? Some of them come as a full blown SIP phone and you might not even need an IPPBX.

Like SilentFun said, should work like a charm.

3CX is NOT dependent on an internet connection (other than downloading it) it can happy sit on a box that is not connected to any network at all (appart from your ip phones).

In your case....

I assume with wireless you mean WiFI and not DECT. If that is the case you can set up each phone as an extension and you should be on your way.

any problems let us know :lol:

4. abc

abc

Thanks. But I'm still having trouble configuring the phone. It is a Linksys WIP 300. It's the only one I found on the market that is VoIP, SIP and wireless. I have configured the phone to have a static ip with mask of 255.255.255.0

On top of that I tried the 3cx adding of extension for the phone. But it doesn't seem to be registering. I'm not sure what went wrong and not sure how to fix the problem. I don't even know the possible sources of errors. Like I set the domain ip wrong or something since the definition of the ip of the server is not clear in the manual.

5. abc

abc

hmm... Apparently, I used the 3CX softphone and it worked. But with the same configurations for ip, id and password, my wireless VoIP phone just refuses to register.

6. silentfun

silentfun Member

can you tell us where u have installed the softphone for example on the same pc where the 3cx box is running ? if this fit your config please open the ports on your firewall. this is the thing i guess.

if that is not the problem give us some more info about your system.

something like OS ? Firewall? accessspoint ? WEP WPA ? THX

7. garambula

I currently have a WIP300 and it works fine with 3CX. The only thing that does not work is DTMF. My provider is ViaTalk. Here are the settings that are reqiured on the phone to register on 3CX.

1. Select SIP Account
    2. Highlight your Account and then select option
    3. Select Edit
    4. For Phone Number (type in your ext number)
    5. For Auth. ID (type in your ext number)
    6. For Auth. Password (type in your ext password)
    7. For SIP Domain (type in IP of your server)
    8. For Proxy Address (type in IP of your server)

8. abc

abc

I installed the 3CX softphone on the same pc as the 3CX system.

With all your advice, I suspect the failure to register with the WIP300 might be due to firewall, or ports issues since I did exactly as garambula suggested already and it did not work with the phone. Will get back to the forums as soon as I figure the firewall issues out.

9. garambula

You might want to check your WIFI firewall. Currently I am using a Linksys WAP200, WAP54G, and a Cisco Aironet 1240G with my WIP300. They all work good but the WAP54G does not do QOS. One thing you might want to do is delete the extension and recreate it. Aslo check your networks VLAN if you have one. Make sure your firewall is routing the packets to the PBX.

10. abc

abc

Thanks. Itz a windows XP firewall issue.