Internal Out of Office Hour

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by spring, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spring

Hi, i can configure out of office hours in 3CX. External call is working fine but it doesn't work for my internal extension. When my internal extension call to Queue, the phone extension still ringing.
    My purpose is to play Office Close IVR during out of office hours when my internet extension call to the Queue number.
    Please help.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

It is somewhat unusual to consider out-of-office hours for an internal extension. The reason being that to the public, the office may be closed, but behind the scene there may still be activity that requires communications between extensions.

Having said that, you still can still set up your extension to follow the global office hours or custom office hours specific to your extension. Then you can also set up under the extension's office hours scheduling the options for change my status and automatically logging out of queues. Using these options in conjunction with the forwarding rules can pretty much handle what you seek. You may need to create a new IVR with an extension number and using the Office Closed WAV file as I do not think you can forward to the HOL IVR from an extension directly using the rules, but this should be pretty easy.

3. spring

Dear Ineblett,

Thanks you for your advise. i have tried to do that but the reason is the internal extension call to Queue number not call to agent extension number so even i set specific hours in agent extension when they call to Queue the agent extension still ringing. if i ticked log off from queue when not available it should effect if all of my agents are busy and it will also play out of office IVR.

4. spring

Hi,
    Who have ever done this? Could you advise?

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

It is still pretty much as I indicated.

If co-workers are dialing the queue extension directly, then they are bypassing the initial time controls that are associated to the inbound trunk rules. This then means that the time control has to be at the extension level and that each member extension for the queues has to be logged out. This then forces the queue to invoke the forwarding rule for no available agents as all should be logged out.

You then create a new IVR with the office closed message and have that newly created IVR be the forward to extension.

The downside to this is that the office closed IVR may be reached if the agents are logged in, all are busy and the wait time is reached. I think this is what you have tried to indicate in the response, but the key is the wait time before that occurs and/or not hitting the * key (if they known that feature). So, I guess the question becomes what do you want to happen during office hours, when all the agents are busy and the wait period elapses? Where do you want the calls to go in this situation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.