Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Internal Phone System Using samsung itp5114d

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jamesadkins123, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesadkins123

Hi,

I have a selection of samsung itp5114d office phones, and I wish to set up a small internal office phone network. We don't wish to be able to make external phone calls. I was wondering if anybody knows how I would go about setting up this using the 3CX software and if it is possible.

Thanks
    James

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

What kind of phones are these Samsungs?

If they are generic SIP phones, you should be able to register them to 3CX, but most probably they are proprietary (H.323) for use with Samsung PBXs only.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jamesadkins123

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
    My knowledge of phone systems is quite basic I'm afraid, but from what info I can find about them from samsung they are IP phones.
    I did find this however on another site, The Samsung ITP5114D IP Phone is a PBX IP telephone for use on the Samsung OfficeServ 7030 Phone Systems. Does this mean they will only work with a samsung PBX.

Thanks
    james

4. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hi James,

We haven't tested this model and from what I see online it may work but you will need to test this. I checked out the manual online for this model and it might work but you will need to do some research.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jamesadkins123

Thanks Nate,

I will give it a go over the next few weeks and see how I get on.

Thanks
    James

6. nbailey

nbailey Member

You are welcome James,

Do let me know how it works out, I am curious how the phones work for you. Remember with testing you need to be sure all functions work, some users get attached to certain features that may not work with proprietary phones like blind and attended transfers etc.

Thanks,
    Nate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.