Solved Internal Server Error(500) when playing a WAV

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Dreamwebs, Feb 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreamwebs

Hello everyone, i'm new to 3cx. It almost works like a charm, but I have an internal server error (500).

It show up when i try to play a wav to my extension number.

If this error shows, call's cannot be made. The system says that the number is not in use.

When i reboot Debian, everything works again, but after a few minutes the error shows up and call's can again not be made.

Does anyone know what causes this problem?

Thank you for you reply. This is the full error:

TCX.PBXAPI.OperationFailed: Unspecified
    at TCX.Configuration.PhoneSystem.CallToPBX(Func`1 func)
    at TCX.Configuration.PhoneSystem.MakeCall(String dnNumber, Dictionary`2 parameters)
    at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgFileRepository.Play(ICfgFile file, String dnNumber)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Controllers.FileController.Play(PlayVM vm)
    at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__28.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__18.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.RouterMiddleware.d__4.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Middleware.ExceptionWrapperMiddleware.d__3.MoveNext()

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/4826/7hi2HG.png

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Dreamwebs,

Do you use the correct wav file format? ( Channel: Mono,Bit rate: 8 kHz,Sample: 16 bit). Also please try to reconvert the wav file and replicate your issue. You can find more information on this link https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/sp2-convert-wav-files/

3. Dreamwebs

Hi Giannos,

I use the original .wav that came with the installation of 3cx. (hold.wav)

So i don't think this is the problem?

Thank you for your reply!

Even if i don't use a sound i get the error.

When i reboot Debian it works again, but after few minutes / calls i get the error again and no calls can be made to this extension.

#3 Dreamwebs, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  4. Dreamwebs

I re-installed Debian & 3CX, now everything is fine again.

Thank you for your help.

5. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Dreamwebs,

The problem might be that the wav formatting was wrong during 3CXPhone System installation. Glad to hear the issue is resolved.

6. Dreamwebs

Hi GiannosC,

But when i rebooted Debian, the error was solved for several minutes / hours .... So i guess it was not the wave file?

But it doesn't matter anymore, everything works fine now.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.