International call forwarding

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Daikoku, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Daikoku

Hi,

I was wondering if the following could be achieved with 3cx:
    I'm a consultant with many US based clients though I'm living in Germany. Calling from my cell phone in Germany to the US is like 80cents/min.
    Thus, I was wondering if there is a way to call the PBX (having it connected to a German SIP provider like Sipgate) and then have my call forward to whomever I want to call in the US.
    Ideally, I would call the PBX on a specific extension which takes me right to a voice menu to look up the person I want to call and it would initiate the call via an US SIP provider.
    Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. weebnuts

the is called DISA (Direct Inward System Access).
    this feature has been requested before, but no word as of yet if 3cx is going to implement in the next version. Asterisk does support this though.

3. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

If you have pre-determined numbers to call you can setup Digital Receptionist on line you will call in to 3CX, create extension numbers that are configured to "Forward All" to each external US number you specify, and setup the names in the DR Menu. So:
    Call 3CX >> DR >> Select 1 for US Guy 1 >> Extension forwards to that number. You will have to create sub groups if you exceed the first menu option total (10). Remember that you will need at least one line in and another line out at same time, plus bandwidth to properly support, but will certainly work.

4. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

DR just for work around solution. Implement DISA should be the right way.

5. Daikoku

Thanks everybody. DR sounds like it will do the trick.
    Guess, I'm gonna give 3cx a try :)