International Calls Problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pbedford83, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbedford83

Hello Everyone,
    I have just set up a new 3cx system and all is going well apart from one thing. When they try to dial an international number they get asked for a passcode. The problem is we don't know what it is and where it is set, also, how can we turn this off? Has anyone else experienced this? This is the first system I have set up where international calling was a priority.

Thanks in advanced.

Paul

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

It may depend on what is being used to get to the PSTN. I assume that other outbound calls are fine, so it does not appear to be a PIN protect setting on the extension as this precludes all outbound calls.

Did you replace an existing PBX? Is the connection using analog PSTN lines? If so, I have run across some of these where the system and lines have been in-place for years and a code was required to make a call, but the code was pre-programmed in the PBX so that it would include same in the dial string and it would be transparent to the caller. You may be able to use a simple analog phone and connect to the line(s) of interest and see if this is the case. You may also be able to tell simply by listening to the recording as it may use a different voice than that of 3CX.

The other possibility may be that if using SIP, the provider of the service has some safeguards in-place. Most of the providers that I have come across merely require you to register/authorize for and accept the risks associated with international calling. There are hackers all over that do nothing but try to get into systems in the hopes that they can make calls. Even after-hour cleaning crews may "test" their ability to get out. While I am not personally aware of any providers that use a code for the purpose, I guess that such could be the case.

Nevertheless, it does not sound like 3CX is standing in the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.