• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

International Dialplan on Linksys

Status
Not open for further replies.

newpool

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a problem with a set of Linksys SPA942 phones, and maybe its that I dont understand the dialplan properly, however I want to set up a 'catch all' string that will allow anything going out to the PSTN to be dialed if nothing else in my plan matches. What I dont seem to be able to get working is the use of the '.'

According to Linksys, if I use 9x. that should let me dial 9 then any number which on timeout will be dialled, but if you try it especially with a long international number the phone dials before all the digits have been entered. If I set up a dialplan with explicit rules for each country I want to call, all works well, but this is totally impractical for all countries.

Am I being stupid ? Any help gratefully received.

Hi,

Can't you setup an outbound rule in 3CX with say a prefix of 9 and then set up the trunks to use. Perhaps something like this

prefix 9

trunk A strip digits 1

Jonathan Hamon

Its not 3CX that's the problem, its just that the Linksys seems to dial before the last digit has been entered, no matter how fast you dial

I think you may need a few more x's. Have a look at this link. http://www.scribd.com/doc/238209/LinksysSipura-Dial-Plan-tutorial The dial plan in the ATA or phone, when used with a PBX, is usually used to speed the outgoing digits, so you don't have to wait for the timeout or dial # at the end of the digits. Have a look a crafting outgoing rules to handle the routing/blocking of calls. Just build a dialplan in the Linksys to allow all possible calls. There are a number of generic examples on the web. Be sure to add the 3 digit extension range for locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.