International Dialplan on Linksys

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by newpool, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newpool

Hi all,

I have a problem with a set of Linksys SPA942 phones, and maybe its that I dont understand the dialplan properly, however I want to set up a 'catch all' string that will allow anything going out to the PSTN to be dialed if nothing else in my plan matches. What I dont seem to be able to get working is the use of the '.'

According to Linksys, if I use 9x. that should let me dial 9 then any number which on timeout will be dialled, but if you try it especially with a long international number the phone dials before all the digits have been entered. If I set up a dialplan with explicit rules for each country I want to call, all works well, but this is totally impractical for all countries.

Am I being stupid ? Any help gratefully received.

2. sipero123

Hi,

Can't you setup an outbound rule in 3CX with say a prefix of 9 and then set up the trunks to use. Perhaps something like this

prefix 9

trunk A strip digits 1

Jonathan Hamon

3. newpool

Its not 3CX that's the problem, its just that the Linksys seems to dial before the last digit has been entered, no matter how fast you dial

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I think you may need a few more x's. Have a look at this link. http://www.scribd.com/doc/238209/LinksysSipura-Dial-Plan-tutorial The dial plan in the ATA or phone, when used with a PBX, is usually used to speed the outgoing digits, so you don't have to wait for the timeout or dial # at the end of the digits. Have a look a crafting outgoing rules to handle the routing/blocking of calls. Just build a dialplan in the Linksys to allow all possible calls. There are a number of generic examples on the web. Be sure to add the 3 digit extension range for locals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.