Internet broadband speed will be the reason of silent call?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mayuqiang, Nov 7, 2007.

1. mayuqiang

3cx phone system and 3cx Phone A locate at PlaceA, 3cx Phone B locate at PlaceB. Both PlaceA and PlaceB have internet broadband, but broadband speed is only 128Kbps. All of firewall have been opened. When Phone B call Phone A, Phone B only get transmit packets no receipt packets. What is the possible reason? The internet broadband speed is too slow whether possible cause this kind of problem?

Thanks

2. alicic

alicic New Member

I thing it is not the reason Internet Speed connection. 3CX Phone system uses Codec G.711 which requires pnly 64kbps, so I thin if your real speed is 128kbps then there is no problem with the speed

regards,

3. mayuqiang

Thanks.

If speed less than 64Kbps, how? If internet connection speed less than minimum requirement of codec, how?

4. alicic

alicic New Member

I think that you will not be able to place the calls if your bandwidth is less then the bandwidth of a codec which is for G.711 64 kbps

5. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

G711 codec uses around 100-120Kbits second, if you have only 128Kbps(wich are never 128Kbps, but less) then you might try to use another codec... like GSM, takes less bandwith, voice quality is not that good thoug.

Cheers