Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Internet Click To Dial

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jchilde, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jchilde

I noticed with V12 SP3, a new feature to click to dial from a website has been added. I believe that this would be based upon the phone number having a "tel:" protocol extension. However, the version of 3CX phone for windows that comes with SP4 and is automatically installed on client machines is not an allowable program for this protocol in windows 8 or 8.1.

After downloading the current version from your website, I notice that the new version is a registered extension. (ie., the version on your website is newer than the automatically installed version that comes with V12 SP3)

Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to properly code my intranet page to call the function.

Can you provide an example of the <a> string that is necessary to dial a phone number using the protocol. Here is what I am currently using that does not work: <li>Mobile: <a href="tel:+00147875555555">(478) 555-5555</a>"</li>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.