internet explorer can't connect to Admin screen

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed 3cx on my windows xp pro machine. I rebooted the pc and then checked the services (all on). Then I clicked on the icon, 3cx phone system. It opened my internet explorer v7. But I keep getting the message "internet explorer cannot display the webpage." I tried replacing localhost with my ip address. This didn't work either. I also tried accessing it with firefox. Again, same message.

Windows firewall is off. I don't have any other firewalls installed on this machine.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Watashi_FR

Hi Mike,

1. did you check to see if the Apache service is running?
    2. do you have another web server running on your machine?
    3. did IE tell you *why* it could not display the page? (tip: you can turn off 'friendly' http messages in Tools - Internet Options - Advanced, this will tell you more about possible errors)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

>>1. did you check to see if the Apache service is running?

How do I do this?

>>2. do you have another web server running on your machine?

No

>>3. did IE tell you *why* it could not display the page? (tip: you can turn off 'friendly' http messages in Tools - Internet Options - Advanced, this will tell you more about possible errors)

When I turn off "friendly" message, I get the following:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
    You are not connected to the Internet.
    The website is encountering problems.
    There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
    Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
    The website is temporarily unavailable.
    The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
    The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
    If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

Thanks,
    Mike

4. Watashi_FR

Go to Administrative Tools (either in your Start Menu or in Control Panel) and open the Services. Now check for the Apache service and check to see if its status is set to "started" and its startup type to "automatic".

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

When I go to the services list, Apache Service is not listed.

So, I uninstalled 3cx, reboot and reinstalled, rebooted after reinstall.

The only services listed now are:

3cx phonesystem
    3cx phonesystem database server
    3cx phonesystem ivr
    3cx phonesystem media server
    3cx phonesystem voicebox manager

They are set to automatic and are started (except the ivr which is automatic and no status).

Apached still doesn't show up.

What do I do now?

Mike

6. Watashi_FR

Your list of services should look something like this:
    [​IMG]

All should have a status of "started".

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

The service, "3cx phone system web server" which is apache doesn't show up on my list of services. I'm guessing that it didn't install correctly; how do I force it to install or find out why it didn't install?

Thanks!
    Mike

8. Watashi_FR

Mike,

I don't know the configuration of your system, but my best guess would be to reinstall 3CX to see if Apache is installed correctly.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

:cry: well I was keeping an eye to the replies in this particular thread over a period of time and trying to see if anyone actually can give the answer to the problem as asked by "mclement". This is because I too am running the same problem and even after trying each and every method specified here the problem does not seem to rectify. So ultimately can this be resolved at all?

10. Watashi_FR

Well... the reason why IE is not connecting to the admin screen is obvious: the web server that is providing the admin interface is not running. However, the reason *why* the web server is not running is unclear at the moment, but that seems trivial at the moment since we don't know yet what happened after a reinstall as suggested.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

I reinstalled 3cx but the apache webserver still doesn't show up in my services area. Next week, I'm going to do a clean install of windows xp. Then I'll reinstall 3cx. Hopefully that will take care of the problem. I can't think of anything else to try.

Thanks,
    Mike

12. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

As watashi suggested a re install would be good as a first step. Please re-install and then let us know how that went. Lets us know if you have an apache service and if its running or not.