internet failover to POTS line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by paulcaudill, May 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulcaudill

Hello,

I hope this makes sense

We currently have several customers that have multiple buildings connected point to point and the 3CX server is virtualized in a datacenter. We are currently using EdgeMarc Gateways at each location for fail over to pots lines if the connection to the 3CX server goes down. This is for emergency calls only

Does anyone know if there is another gateway like this that is actually supported by 3CX?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This is a list of the 3CX supported gateways.
    https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/
    In what way do the gateways you are using, allow service, if the connection to 3CX goes down? Are your sets able to register direct to the local gateways as a second server?

3. paulcaudill

That is correct, the sets register through the gateway to the 3CX server using SBC. The gateway checks in to the 3CX server every so often (this can be set to what ever time yo want) and if the pbx does not respond back with in so many sec or minutes it re-routes calls to the pots lines that are plugged in. We have it setup for out going cals only and only to route 3 digit numbers for 911. All internal calls (ext to ext) still work per building. just not building to building

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You may want to consider contacting EdgeMarc, to see of they are interested in approaching 3CX for product testing and approval.

5. paulcaudill

They use to support them back before v14. I’m not sure what happened but now they don’t.

6. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Interesting - I don't recall these ever being supported ? Having a quick Google search I have found some good write up's about them however.

That being said if you are looking for a good high-end "Supported" Gateway then you can't beat a Patton smartnode in my view - rock solid and very flexible units.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I don't really recall them being supported either, but, there is "supported" as a local Gateway device, and there is using the device as a backup, when and if 3CX fails. In this case you have to be using sets that support a backup server, which means you have to now have templates that support this as an option. While it sounds like a nice idea, and may make sense for some users, that may not be enough to gain 3CX support for use other than as a local gateway device.

8. paulcaudill

I think you are correct, they were supported as a local Gateway and it was not the model we are currently using (model 4806). They do work very well in the scenarios that we are using them in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.