Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Invalid callback destination after timeout of blind transfer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kusig, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kusig

We use v15sp4 actually and found serious bugs in call routings.

External incoming calls are routed to a call group. Once a user answers and invokes a blind transfer to another user and the ringing times out (eg. after 1 minute), the call is routed back to the whole ring group instead the person which performed the blind transfer.

In addition, not even the display of the caller is right when performing a blind transfer. There should be shown the number of the external caller in this case once blind transfer was invoked. Actually it shows the internal caller which berformed the blind transfer, quite useless.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @kusig

I tried ti replicate your issue with no success. I am calling into a ring group, one agent answers the call and performs a blind transfer to an extension that is busy at that time (for the callback to work). The call returns to the extension that performed the transfer, not to the ring group.
    Can you describe the call flow you are following so we can have a better view of the issue?

3. kusig

Hi, as written initially, the call is not to a busy destination but it isn't answered there and it times out (eg. 60 seconds). In this situation the call is routed back to the ring group and not to the agent which made the blind transfer.
    I could confirm that it works correctly if the destination is busy but not if the call isn't answer within the time given.

4. kusig

Please have a look as well to my second part of the initial post which is even worse. The display of the agent which performed the blind transfer instead of the real caller.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @kusig

In order for the callback to work the extension must be busy. If it not the callback will not be invoked as the guide states https://www.3cx.com/docs/blind-transfer-callback/
    So i believe that the problem is that the call follows the forwarding rules of the extension when no answer and the extension forwards the call back into the Ring Group.
    Regarding the second part of the number of the original caller not being displayed i am not sure of your call routing, as i am getting the original call displayed in both scenarios, when the callback is actually invoked and when the call follows the forwarding rules of the extension

6. kusig

Thanks, I created a separate thread as this is in this case a heavily needed missing feature and not a real bug. Non answered blind transfered calls must be possible to be routed back to the transfering extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.