• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved "Invalid certificate key"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LWP

Reaction score
Hi
Trying to install 3cx on Windows Server 2012r2 and got stuck on uploading certificate key file. I use my own FQDN and wildcard SSL exported from another server. Certificate file is uploaded successfully (.crt) but certificate key file refuses to upload .pfx file. The same key file imports fine in Certificates MMC on the server so I know it works. Your guide here: https://www.3cx.com/docs/fqdn-ssl-certificate-v15/ is missing information about "combined pfx file" - there is a heading but no info.
How can I upload .pfx?

Hi LWP,

PFX is a format that include CRT and KEY so in the first option that you import the CRT import the PFX and it will not ask you for key it will Convert the PFX automatically to CRT and Key

Reactions: LWP
Hi LWP,

PFX is a format that include CRT and KEY so in the first option that you import the CRT import the PFX and it will not ask you for key it will Convert the PFX automatically to CRT and Key

This worked. Thank you andreasc.

Hi There,

I am glad that i was able to help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.