"Invalid Input, Please Try again" on first try DR

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zgr81c, Feb 26, 2008.

1. zgr81c

Hello,
    I have been having the "invalid input, please try again" issue with the Digital Receptionist, that many posted about in the forum. I am getting the "invalid input" and previously "invalid entry" while calling form a voip line and a mobile line, but all is fine when calling from the "3CX VoIP Client". It all happens after or while the DR's announcement, while pushing phone keys 0-9, which I have linked to individual extensions. The first 0-9 key input results in the "invalid input" error, then the subsequent key inputs work as intended. I scoured the forum and the internet for a solution but couldn't find any. It was mentioned back in Feb 12 2008, that a solution is on the way, but after installing the latest free edition 3CX on a cleanly installed windows xp with all its updates, the issue still exist.
    I have been using 3CX for couple nights, its a great IP PBX software, and I wont let the above bug ruin it for me :)
    Thank you,

zgr81

2. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Thanks for your post.

The issue is not known with exisitng supported VOIP providers. Are you using one of the supported providers?

Did you try the 3CX client internally or externally?

Did you move from a 3 digit extension system to 2 or 4 or 5 digit?

Is the issue only external?

3. zgr81c

I am using broadvoice, which is supported I believe.
    And I tried the 3CX Internally and Externally, it works fine and as intended.
    I have not moved from 3 digits extension to 2 or 4 or 5, I should try that, it requires reinstalling 3CX, but I do not mind if it fixes my issue.
    Thank you for the quick response,

zgr81

4. zgr81c

Moving from 3 to 2 extension digits worked for me, Thank you.

5. zgr81c

I declared victory too soon, the Digital Receptionist accepts key entry "1", but key entry "2" and "3" still need to be punched twice to work :(
    Key 1-3 are "connect to extension" 11-13 respectively

6. zgr81c

This is what happens the first time a phone key is pressed (key 3 for extension 13) unsuccessful transfer.
    " MediaServerReporting::DTMFhandler [MS211000] C:3.1: 147.135.32.250:8782 is delivering DTMF using RTP payload (RFC2833). In-Band DTMF tone detection is disabled for this call segment."

And this is the second time key 3 is pressed, which transfers the call to extension 13 successfully.
    "CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503004]: Call(3): Calling: Ext:13@[Dev:sip:13@192.168.1.222:5070;rinstance=b457de180e0b6b78]"

How to enable "DTMF tone detection"?

7. InfiniteTech

This is a bump more than anything else. I am having the same issue with an XP Pro platform. The error almost seems to indicate the the broadvoice template is using in-band instead of rfc2833 (which broadvoice requires). Once the 3cx software starts using the rfc2833 DTMF the issue clears for that incoming call, but the next call arrives it is screwed up again.

Is there a way to force the 3CX to use rfc2833?

8. InfiniteTech

I switched to Taliax as provider, problem solved.

9. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The reason for this problem is that you have to configure the phone to send DTMF that the provider understands.

If you press a number and there is no response or action, then change DTMF type and test again.