• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Invite authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendanf

Reaction score
Is it possible to toggle/disable invite authentication on the 3CX? I have found an issue whereby when using Dialogic HMP as my IP stack, I authenticate with my registration perfectly OK, but am then unable to generate an outgoing call, as HMP seems not to support the Proxy-Authorization info in the message body of the invite request.

Proxy-authorization is added in case when first INVITE is responded with 407. It's standard. We will not break standards to satisfy one strange device. Though, we may consider providing WWW-Authenticate in case of 401 response, if it helps.
As workaround you may try to disable authentication at Dialogic HMP side. If you will have success - it will accept first INVITE which never has any authorization information attached.

Thanks for the prompt response archie. I was actually querying against a call generated from the HMP side, rather than instigated from the 3CX side. I thought if an outbound HMP call had already authenticated via registration, then it might not (depending on any available params on the 3CX) require to authenticate at invite stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.