Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

iOS app, decline call, no voicemail.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alatteri, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alatteri

Hello,

When I decline a call via the notification on iOS, it disconnects the call. If I just let it ring out, it goes to voicemail as expected. I would think that declining a call should send it to VM also, and not disconnect the caller all together.r

2. alatteri

I checked that the forwarding settings are to Voicemail

Attached Files:

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

This is a good point, your question, but the behavior is by design, is not a bug.
    The reason is the incoming call is not a real SIP call, it's (let's name it like this) a plain text notification; in fact, when this notification is received, you even don't know if the real call is still there - "answering" it means, in fact, a real, special SIP call made back to the PBX. Due to this mechanism, there is no way to drop the call "for real" - it's simply... muted locally.
    Hope I explained OK.

You may post your request on our ideas forum but there will not be a quick fix for it since it's not a simple thing to do.

Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. alatteri

I do not mind if it is muted, but for the caller to be disconnected and not transferred to Voicemail is a terrible design flaw. This seems like a terrible bug. Lets say a customer calls with important information, I can not take the call becuase I am in a meeting. The iOS app rings, and from the notification screen I decline, that caller gets disconnected. They might think, that is wierd, I will call back. But I will have to decline them again, and then they get disconnected again. Now they give up. They never have the opportunity to leave a voicemail, I never get the important information, and then the situation is shit. This needs to be fixed.

5. alatteri

Hi Vali,

I am experiencing the exact opposite behavior that you describe, the call is getting dropped, not muted. Please see this YouTube video I made that demonstrates the issue.

https://youtu.be/Ol1-tXFtAVk

9718958 likes this.
  6. pcepbx

I believe we are experiencing the same issue with android softphone on 3cx V14. For one particular extension, I called a number of times and the call would ring once or twice, then drop instead of going to voicemail. In talking with the user, he indicated that the call had rung through, and he had been hitting the Decline button.

In testing, I determined this occurs with both internal and external calls to that user.

I haven't done enough testing, though I am wondering if the issue is related to this particular user because his only phone is the 3cx push softphone (ie no deskphone.)

In any case, I agree this is a relatively serious issue that should be addressed.

7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Alan
    Thanks for the feedback, the video was very useful. We we'll dig into the droping call issue and we'll update this post accordingly. Also, the ringtone volume - noted.
    Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Alan, pcepbx
    As I promised: we checked and indeed there is a bug in our SIP engine's dropping the mobile client's push call. Once the fix will be released, we'll announce it.
    Thanks again for help
    vali

9. pcepbx

Thank you for the quick bug verification and response!

10. pcepbx

Hello all, following up on Vali's last message. It seems we are still experiencing the same issue on V15 SP4, iPhone and Android. When the Decline button is pressed on the cellular softphone, the call is rejected with our SIP provider.

I asked Flowroute to examine the SIP logs, and they indicated the following: "system responded with a SIP 480 Temporarily Unavailable error, with the Warning: 499 3cx1.pa***********nt.local “Terminated”. The 480 error then caused our system to send the call to your failover route."

Any indication when this bug might be resolved? Thanks!

#10 pcepbx, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  11. pcepbx

Following up on this, any comment on an estimated date of fix? This is causing issues with our DID users who utilize the softphone.

12. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Seeing this on v15 iOS CallKit client as well, but not if I decline.
    Only If I double click the power button (when phone is sleeping), which is how I normally send call to VM on GSM Calls.

13. rlanier

Simple work around in the meantime is to double down on the volume key as you would if you'd like to silence a normal call. Although this does not produce the decline and forward to vmail option as requested, it will silence the extremely loud ringtone and allow the call to continue through until forwarding rules are met.

Not sure if this helps any but adding suggestions until the design can be revised.

14. 9718958

Hi, do we have any updates? Calls dropping on rejection is a huge flaw and causing us a lot of issues.

pcepbx likes this.
  15. my5

my5

We have experienced the same issue. When we hit decline, the call is dropped. However, we did find that if you click the small button to the right of the red decline, it will send the caller to voicemail of the 3CX extension.

https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/calls/#h.st9q5hj0i13t

16. pcepbx

Following up, we are still experiencing this on both Android and iOS platforms, and it doesn't appear to be consistent. Decline button, double-down on volume, DND (on mobile), any of these methods will sporadically drop the call instead of silencing or sending to VM. Please fix!

17. pcepbx

@Vali_3CX, please let us know the progress of this fix? This is an increasingly troublesome issue as we continue to add softphone users. Thank you!

18. Stephen Quam

Any update on this? This is a pretty major bug.

19. paurus

on the Android client 15.0.71 is solved.

20. Stephen Quam

It's still an issue with the iPhone client.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.