iOS app v15.2.4.122 sudden emergence of one-way audio problems

Discussion in 'iOS' started by wissamharoun, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wissamharoun

Hello all - correct me if I'm wrong but it seems there's been a recent rush of complaints about the iOS app presenting audio/push-notification problems - problems that were not there in a prior release of the app?

I'm chiming in with our experiences. We've been using 3cx v15 since it launched, and have had relatively reliable functionality -- deskphones inside our LAN present (almost) no issues, and when we finally tweaked our network (3cx server, firewall, tunneling, NAT, etc...) and trouble-shot early one-way audio problems, both the android and iOS flavors of the app have been fairly reliable -- in particular for remote users (outside of our LAN - using cell-data or other networks). So imagine our surprise (estimate) when 15.2.4 was released -- we started getting a deluge of reports from users of previously reliable 3cx iOS app, of issues including one-way audio (every call) and phones that wouldn't wake up to ring (failures in push notifications)...

The push notifications were fairly easy to resolve -- reading on these forums it became clear that there's a need to update the APN certificate on the server - taking the recommended action resolved the problem (download and place updated certificates in respective location, restart 3CX services). Result, on iOS push notifications restored sucecssfully - 3cx app rings and wakes up client app.

We had made no changes to the server prior, so this defies logic. Android app still works reliably, windows/MacOS clients (in remote networks) still work reliably - whereas, iOS app which was working near flawlessly, now has persistent one-way audio problems.

It appears other users are also experiencing comparable issues, so what are the known reliable solutions to restore the previously successful function of the 3cx iOS app?

Thanks

2. wissamharoun

...well it seems I *may* have singled out the 3cx app a little prematurely. I'm finding the app to work quite reliably when the remote extension is within a network that is inside the UAE -- whereas if the packets are originating from a remote extension anywhere outside of the UAE, then the one-way audio, and scrambled audio issues are repeatable. This is a different kind of puzzle now (since everything was working well until mid-Feb) - remote extensions are all using the tunnel on port 5090, and PBX delivers audio for all -- assuming the internet provider has put in place more aggressive packet inspection tools -- shouldn't the traffic in the tunnel be encrypted and opaque to inspection?

3. online8

Hi,
    I'm in Sydney Australia and having the same issues. If I make a call from my Iphone 6 (running iOS app v15.2.4.122), I can hear the receiver bu they cannot hear me at all. If I call the same number from my desk phone (Cisco7960) it works without any issues.

4. online8

Further to my above statement, I have just found the following:

1. On my iphone if I go Settings --> 3CX Client
    Microphone was turned off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.