iOS Client IPv6 Issues with Rogers LTE

Discussion in 'iOS' started by admin@faserver.ca, Jun 12, 2018.

  1. admin@faserver.ca

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2016
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    As of this morning my mobile devices will no longer register when on Rogers LTE. They were working fine previously and are still working when connected to wifi. The mobile clients are running the latest version of the mobile app. (15.5.15.388)

    The firewall tester reports no issues and our server version is: 15.5.12663.5

    The only issue I noticed is the mobile clients all now report IPv6 on the dashboard. A

    Any suggestions?
     
  2. Vali_3CX

    Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1,434
    Likes Received:
    61
    Hi
    It might be possible that Rogers (suddenly) is blocking non-standard ports (mainly 5060/5090)?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. admin@faserver.ca

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2016
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Is there any way to verify or test this?
     
  4. craigreilly

    craigreilly Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2012
    Messages:
    2,962
    Likes Received:
    180
    Set up a firewall rule from port 5060 to an internal webserver on port 80.
    (Depends on firewall make/model)


    Then on that device goto IP:5060 in web browser to see if you get that particular webserver or not.

    Even if your 3cx is in the cloud, this is checking traffic on port 5060 only to a random webserver.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. admin@faserver.ca

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2016
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi, thanks for this tip. We have tested this and port 5060 is open and operational when on Rogers network. It seems that this issue pertains to IPv6.
     
  6. Vali_3CX

    Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1,434
    Likes Received:
    61
    To me, what is intriguing is following:
    "the mobile clients all now report IPv6 on the dashboard"

    So, you have several iOS devices, all worked properly using Rogers until now, when suddenly all appeared as IPv6 and stopped working?

    Also, just to be clear: when you say "dashboard" you mean Management Console's Phones panel? "IPv6" is also shown on client's display, on top-left under account name?

    Why I'm asking: currently we don't have IPv6-related issues reported about iOS client, and this includes several members of our Beta program who uses Rogers provider in Canada. As far as I know, Rogers provides dual-stack IP, so if clients suddenly shows IPv6 on the display, that means their local IPv4 interface has (somehow) gone.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. dezmocom

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2014
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    10

    HI Vali

    I just got the same issue form the users that are on Rogers/Fido (both are same network) and using LTE network. The app is stating IPV6 (see below attachement).

    When in WiFi no issues ... voice works. Chat messages are still received but no voice whatsoever on the LTE network.

    Please help :)

    Thanks

    Andreas
     

    Attached Files:

  8. Vali_3CX

    Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1,434
    Likes Received:
    61
    Hi Andreas, welcome back :)

    Few questions:
    - the IPv6 was displayed always when using Rogers, or it appeared suddenly and the client stopped working?
    - it's possible to associate this issue with, let's say, a major change, such an iOS upgrade to 11.4/12, or a change in policy/setting made by provider?
    - your MyPhone PBX uses 443 or 5001 port?
    - since 3G triggers "out-of-office" connection, can you play a bit with account settings such tunnel on-off and connection TCP-UDP, to see if there are any changes in behavior?

    Thanks
    vali
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. dezmocom

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2014
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    10
    Hi Vali,

    The client is using :
    • Client cannot tell me if it was there or just showed up :(
    • They are on iOS 11.4 and problem has shown up only last few days
    • No change in the Policy
    • I have attached what is showing on the client's iPhone when going to whatismyip.com - you can see there is only IPV6 and no IPV4. On Bell's network I get both on my Samsung Note 8
    • the PBX is set to listen 5001
    Hope this clarifies.
     

    Attached Files:

  10. Vali_3CX

    Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1,434
    Likes Received:
    61
    Thanks for update, Andreas.

    Can you please tell your customer to go to account settings and try following cases:
    - with tunnel ON
    - with tunnel OFF and transport TCP
    - with tunnel OFF and transport UDP
    Since MyPhone connection is working on 5001, it means Rogers don't block nonstandard ports; the cases I mentioned above are trying to check for SIP traffic and packet fragmentation.

    Also, since MyPhone connection seems to work (I see status "Available") tell him to go to More and try a Re-Provision, or Resend credentials for a fresh welcome eMail, or, if he has a webclient nearby, a QR provisioning.

    Please let me know.
    Thanks
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...