• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

iOS Client IPv6 Issues with Rogers LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you both missed what I mentioned few days ago: there is no IPv4 to force to! Have a look at the the following configuration, it's a copy-paste from client logs running on Rogers iPhone:

IPv6:[xxxx:yyyy:640:8928:10fb:fd9b:a8ee:3b38] ifa:[pdp_ip0] type:[3G]
IPv6:[xxxx:yyyy:640:8928:25b7:8ff2:d39c:c6d3] ifa:[pdp_ip0] type:[3G]
IPv6:[xxxx:yyyy:8a:a053:ce:5b29:7803:f508] ifa:[pdp_ip1] type:[3G]
IPv6:[xxxx:yyyy:8a:a053:6d18:3a12:dade:803b] ifa:[pdp_ip1] type:[3G]
IPv6:[xxxx:yyyy:8a:a053:ce:5b29:7803:f508] ifa:[ipsec3] type:[Unknown]
IPv6:[xxxx:yyyy:8a:a053:ce:5b29:7803:f508] ifa:[ipsec4] type:[Unknown]
DNS1: IPv6:[vvvv:zzzz:18:10::640:7125:5254]
DNS2: IPv6:[vvvv:zzzz:18:10::640:7125:5253]

What you see is what you get - only IPv6 everywhere! How can I enforce client to switch to IPv4 when there is no IPv4? Frustrating... :confused:

P.S If possible, please try what I said at #38 - since you said the client has presence, it means the PBX FQDN is resolvable by iOS.

@Vali_3CX I did as instructed and sent you pics (proof!) in a private message.

Ari, please understand - I cannot help with 3CX client for Windows, those screenshots are for it; not only it's not the same client, it's also a different operating system, what's happen there not necessarily happe to the other one... :(

Ari, please understand - I cannot help with 3CX client for Windows, those screenshots are for it; not only it's not the same client, it's also a different operating system, what's happen there not necessarily happe to the other one... :(

I understand completely. I'm trying to isolate the issue is all. As requested, I did the same in the iOS 3CX client and, although presence is shown, the phone screen just sits on "Waiting for network" with an eventual "Timeout" in the top right corner.

As for windows, other than forcing it to the IPV6 address as above, it works fine. Even on LTE. So this is an IPV6 issue. Who owns it is the question.

I understand your point, but the key is the iOS: I'm sure the notebook is not running iOS - remember, with T-Mobile and Verizon issue started also on iOS - not on Android or Windows; Rogers didn't create any problem also to neither Android or iOS clients as long as it was dual-stack. Whatever...

Can you please try the following on your iOS+Rogers? Turn off the WiFi to be sure.
- on the PBX Management Console, be sure the client's extension is not set to "Disallow using outside of office" (or whatever that setting's name is)
- check the 3CX client account settings, clear (delete) the PBX Local IP and disable the tunnel - in this way you will force the client to connect only via out-of-office, without tunnel. Back-back-back-Phone to be sure the change takes into effect.
- Open a Safari and, using some online tools, try to find the IP of the public FQDN of your PBX - (I'm curious it will be returned as IPv4 or IPv6)
- if is IPv6, copy it, then paste it into account PBX External IP, but enclosed in square brackets
[2002:10fe... ]
- if is IPv4, do the same, but prepend the IP with 64:ff9b::, something like
[64:ff9b::10.12.15.112] (be careful, is double column after ff9b, :: )
Then, again, back-back-back-Phone to see if reregister properly.

Me I'm assuming there is problem with client's DNS IPv6 resolver.

Thanks a lot!
vali

Hello Vali,

I have completed the steps as outlined above. Here is what I can report back.

iOS 11.4
iPhone 7
3CX client 15.5.16.401
3CX server 15.5.13103.5
Rogers LTE

According to traceroute tools our FQDN of the server DOES resolve to an IPv6 address. That was placed in the FQDN for the PBX in the account settings. [2604:5580:22::xxxx:xxxx]

After resetting the client the app seems to register correctly.
Upon completion the I get my name with IPv6 below it.
The status shows "On Hook".
Activity log from server shows the client registering from an IPv4 address on the Rogers network (72.136.0.0/13)

However any calls placed just report "dialing".

Inbound calls report connected but there is no audio.

A small point to this is that I had to open some ports on my firewall that were previously not because I was only allowing the tunnel previously. I have added TCP/UDP 5060, 5061 and UDP 9000-9500 in addition to prior entries 5000,5001 and 5090.

So while not a complete success, it is my hope is that this at least answers your question regarding whether or not the FQDN of the server is reported back as IPv6 or IPv4, and it is the former.

@Mark Werner
Hi Mark
Thanks for feedback! Mark, about the "Dialing" message - it could hint a problem with packet fragmentation on the outgoing, authenticated SIP INVITE; could you please try to set account's Transport setting to TCP and try again? With no tunnel, of course.
Thanks
vali

@Mark Werner
Hi Mark
Thanks for feedback! Mark, about the "Dialing" message - it could hint a problem with packet fragmentation on the outgoing, authenticated SIP INVITE; could you please try to set account's Transport setting to TCP and try again? With no tunnel, of course.
Thanks
vali
@Vali_3CX

Hello Vali,

"Dialing" proceeds to "Decline".

Does any of this reveal where the issue lies? Really needing a fix to this issue as it is affecting many of our users. I have read that some users have called Rogers escalated support and this was fixed per phone. But that is a tedious solution.

If I can add an addendum to #46 above - this configuration works on the Rogers LTE network using Zoiper SIP client for iOS. The device shows up as "Zoiper rv2.8.97-mod" on the 3CX console. So given this test it would definately appear to be the 3CX client for iOS.

Settings used for the account were:

Account Name: <my name>
Domain: <FQDN of our 3CX server>
username: <ext>
password: <ext password>
Auth Username: <3cx User ID>

Under Additional Settings:
Network Settings:
Enable IPv6: On
Transport: TCP
Enable STUN: On
Stun Server: stun-us.3cx.com

Update to my last post:

Issue is now resolved for me. Rogers will fix your problem on a "per request" basis.
You need to contact support and explain that you experience issues since June 12th and is related to IPv6 in iOS. It may help to also mention your VPN software no longer works as complaints related to VPN is what triggered their plan of response.
Unfortunately, I don't have the details about what kind of change they are actually doing in your mobile profile.

I'm also pretty sure a fix for the tunnel handling could be implemented directly in the 3CX iOS client as well.

Good luck.

Update to my last post:

Issue is now resolved for me. Rogers will fix your problem on a "per request" basis.
You need to contact support and explain that you experience issues since June 12th and is related to IPv6 in iOS. It may help to also mention your VPN software no longer works as complaints related to VPN is what triggered their plan of response.
Unfortunately, I don't have the details about what kind of change they are actually doing in your mobile profile.

I'm also pretty sure a fix for the tunnel handling could be implemented directly in the 3CX iOS client as well.

Good luck.

To be clear, Rogers will need your IMEI of your device. With this they will blacklist your device from using IPv6 on their networks forcing it to use IPv4.

Reactions: Marari and CentrexJ
To be clear, Rogers will need your IMEI of your device. With this they will blacklist your device from using IPv6 on their networks forcing it to use IPv4.

I called up Rogers and asked my iPhone 8+ to have its IMEI blacklisted for IPV6 so that only IPv4 works. It took a little over a day, but after a reboot of my phone, I can now use the 3CX iOS client again.

For the record, my opinion is that this is a crappy 'fix' to a bigger problem, but at least it works. If there /is/ a way to disable the 3CX client in iOS from connecting via IPV6, this would be the right approach.

Think of it this way:
I have new clients interested in using the 3CX client but can't because they're on Rogers. If there's another compatible iOS client that works, please let me know and I'll happily direct them to it because having to call Rogers and blacklist a number of IMEI's from using their IPV6 network is both time consuming and a right royal pain. And considering that it's only the 3CX client (at this moment) that seems to be giving me or any of my clients on Rogers any issues, it also seems reasonable that the fix should come from 3CX.

I'm not trying to stir the pot. I'm just frustrated that this has been going on for a MONTH already.

Do we have any update to this issue?

I just called Rogers and they only support IPv4 apps. Tech support has been instructed to defer IPv6 issues to the app developers. So, they won't assist with blacklisting as suggested in previous posts.

I realize that this is a forum but is there any word on a fix for this issue?

Bump. Still waiting for an answer/fix.

I am having "Waiting for network" issues on iOS app despite using WiFi. The same WiFi network works fine with the desktop client. I am convinced the iOS app is crap and not working.

hi
I also have same issue using 3cx client on iOS with Rogers LTE is there is anyone fixed this problem please help us.

+3 Same thing here.. me and 2 coworkers with Rogers and iPhone 7.

@Vali_3CX

It may seem a small problem to you, but there are several people waiting for some kind of response as to how to fix this issue. At least something like "we're working on this" would be appreciated.

I have several clients who are very annoyed right now because they can't use their iphone client while on the road.

Any response would be appreciated. Please.

We did say we are working on it - unfortunately its hard to provide exact eta's.

Actually I am in contact with people from Rogers and also partners in canada and they are helping me test a build (Rightfully so because I need people located in Canada for this task).

Are you interested to test on Android only for now?

iOS version is not ready yet - we gonna need a good 2 weeks more...

Who is interested to try on ANDROID ONLY For now, Send me a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.