• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

iOS Client IPv6 Issues with Rogers LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better still - Download the following apk from here
https://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/misc/3CXPhone-16-armeabi.apk

You need to uninstall what you have from the play store and install this.
Note: This has bugs and ui might get stuck - so restart it each time you make a test.

Step 1:
Go to the management console
Settings > Network
Enable checkbox "Automatically Bind to IPv6 Adapters if present. Requires SIP service restart. "
restart 3CX phone system service

Step 2:
Then go to an extension in the pbx > provisioning > 3CX Client > And set the interface to IPV6.

Save and send a welcome email.

Step 3:
Install App
Launch welcome email or QR scan
Switch off wifi - enable LTE and confirm if it registers.

If it does Make a call - Echo test *777 should be the first call you will make, Second should be to call a voicemail and third can be to make an actual call to a colleague.

@nb

I'll be happy to test iOS when it's ready.
Thank you for the update.

Reactions: Mark Werner
I have a client experiencing the exact same issues, Firewall check passes all green. Same symptoms, rogers LTE, client shows IPV6 on client interface. no calls come in or out. They tried all three scenarios listed in the last post with no success. Were you able to resolve this
dezmocom?

Hi Brendan

the only way I have been able to resolve is opening a trouble ticket with Rogers and the end user. You will need to get the IMEI of the iPhone:
  • Open Settings.
  • Tap General > About.
  • Scroll down to locate the IMEI number.
  • Tap and hold the IMEI number to bring up a Copy bubble.
  • Tap Copy.
Then have the customer call Rogers via 611 (they should conference you in ) and open a trouble ticket to blacklist the IMEI number so that it forces to pick up IPv4. This is a known issue (going on 2 months) by Rogers and they do not have a fix yet. All Android phones have a fix though and most will work with no issues.

I still have no clarity as to when this will be resolved.
Best
Andreas

Any closer to a fix for iPhone on Rogers network? I'd like to be part of the test group.

I have same issues. My solution is manually change the Carrier from Rogers to Rogers-EXT and it is working fine

Attachments

• A35DFE63-BB56-47C7-A659-ECBF57E29B85.png
    A35DFE63-BB56-47C7-A659-ECBF57E29B85.png
    606.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 642AB469-94EA-4A70-96B7-C9091E64452A.png
    642AB469-94EA-4A70-96B7-C9091E64452A.png
    574.3 KB · Views: 9
Who is interested to try on ANDROID ONLY For now, Send me a pm.

Hi Team

Please send me link so that i can test drive the Android. I will test in Samsung Note 8.

Best

I have same issues. My solution is manually change the Carrier from Rogers to Rogers-EXT and it is working fine

This isn't a fix. It's a (very) temporary workaround.

Rogers' stance on extended coverage (EXT) is as follows:

"Extended Coverage is meant to provide additional coverage to our customers in areas they sometimes travel to outside the Rogers network. It’s intended to be used occasionally and the majority of your monthly usage (talk, text and data) must occur on the Rogers network. If the majority of your monthly usage occurs within Extended Coverage areas, we may restrict or limit your access to Extended Coverage on an ongoing basis."

In other words, forcing the phone to use EXT may work for now but it won't be long before Rogers blocks the phone(s) from using it.

Your best solution is to wait for 3CX and Rogers to get this resolved.

We're actively working on this day by day.
More time is needed in order to provide you an initial test version for iOS.

I called Rogers tech support, and their answer is very direct, the problem is from 3CX, they are not shapping or limiting their network, only siwtch to ipv6, therefore is seems that 3CX does not ipv6.

I have been in an extended Rogers area in LTE, with oldest Rogers equipement and it fully works. Therefore it is only on updated ipv6 area that the problem is occuring.

@LeonidasG

Can we get an update please? It's been over two weeks since the last check in.

Hello,
I'm running 3CX 15.5.17.418 on an Iphone SE with PBX on Google cloud.
The app works on wi fi but not on Fido/Rogers LTE network.
I did everything that I could to make it worl but no luck.
Can anybody help me ?

Thanks a lot !
Dan

I was affected by the same issue with the 3CX client and the VPN. After restoring a backup of the phone to a new device, the issue is gone and 3CX is connecting again.

Perhaps resetting iOS network settings and reapplying the carrier settings is all it takes.

I'll try that, thx.

Tomorrow we'll be making an experimental beta release that specifically attempts to address issues mentioned in this thread. We're hoping to get your feedback on the new beta once it's out.

Will the beta be available to everybody ?
Thx
Dan.

I signed up on the link provided for iOS Beta, when will it be available for testing?

Unfortunately we weren't able to provide you with the said release, it'll likely be available sometime at the start of next week.

The beta release is now out, feel free to give it a spin and give us your feedback on it.

@LeonidasG

Wifi works. LTE on Rogers does not. Still.

I've sent you an email with screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.