iOS Client - Prevent Display Sleep

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by example1, Jan 10, 2018.

1. example1

Hi

We would appreciate the option to prevent the display on an iOS device from going to sleep when the 3CX Client is open. This can be achieved through the UIApplication isIdleTimerDisabled API: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiapplication/1623070-isidletimerdisabled

This would be very useful for our clients who use the iOS app with bluetooth headset, and are using the Web Client on their PC to control the iOS app. Disabling the system idle timer allowes an iOS device to be used as a deskphone replacement without having to resort to using MakeCall and its limitations.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Yes, one of our first versions of the iOS client (in iOS 5, if I remember) prevented display dimming, but most people wanted to allow dimming in order to save battery so... here we are. However, we'll take into consideration a setting to allow user to choose.
    Thanks for idea
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. example1

Hi Vali

Thanks for the response. Perhaps a cood compromise would be to disable dimming when the phone is plugged in to power?

Even having the setting for it would be brilliant, thanks very much for considering it!

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Anyway, my question is why your customers don't use a more generic, more Apple-like approach, by going into their devices' Settings/Display & Brightness and set Auto-lock=Never?

You mentioned that the 3CX client is intended to be used as a desktop replacement, always powered, always unlocked, so to me this is the most, immediate solution. In fact, my development device is set to Auto-lock=Never, otherwise would be a nightmare :D