iOS IMPORTANT Beta 15.5.13.331

Discussion in 'iOS' started by Vali_3CX, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi everybody

We just found and fixed in the iOS client two very important PUSH-related bugs. Briefly, both of them has as a final effect push not being shown to the user as call, chat or missed call notifications. Behavior might seems to be random but, in fact, was programatically.

So, my advice is - if you're a member of our iOS Beta community, please install latest version (15.5.13.331) and see if it's working better than before.

Below is the full change log, for who's interested, there are also other important fixes.

Thanks
    vali

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED UPDATE
    - fixed a bug which programmatically disabled PUSH (call, chat, missed calls)
    - fixed eMail not being sent to participants in a scheduled conference
    - fixed incoming push (calls, chat, missed calls) sometime ignored and not displayed
    - fixed record button not showing sometime that call is being recorded
    - fixed high CPU usage sometime by Presence
    - fixed issues in network' background connectivity
    - fixed welcome email profile not being imported sometimes
    - fixed audio conflicts, with following improvements:
    ---- faster answering from locked screen
    ---- no longer audio lost randomly after call established
    ---- smooth resume when an interrupting GSM call ends
    ---- proper interaction with device's media player (no more "sound-mix/over")
    - fixed DTMF type not being updated when set manually in account profile
    - fixed Divert to voicemail button for incoming calls not working always
    - fixed read-only company phonebook's contacts appearing as editable
    - fixed Apple keyboard not being dismissed when expected to
    - fixed critical memory leak
    - improved chat composer bar
    - improved active conference handling
    - improved touch area for display's accounts
    - updated translations
    ********* !!! PBX V14 NO LONGER SUPPORTED !!! ***********

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Bert Van de Casteele and jed like this.
  2. paurus

когда ждать релиза?

3. Bert Van de Casteele

Hello Vali,

thank you for the update. Do you have any idea when there will be an official update of the 3CX iOS app on the store? We are having serious issues with clients not responding to PUSH notificiations.

4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

@Bert Van de Casteele @paurus

Hi Bert, paurus
    Well, as a developer, definitely I would like to keep it in beta testing for at least a week, until we collect some relevant feedback and check for possible side-effects of the changes we made (for instance, today we just released 15.5.13.332, fixing a crash we - read "I" - added by mistake in .331) But, apart from this, a decision for official release is beyond me, and I cannot provide you any ETA right now. However, once we we'll know, we'll announce and I will update this topic accordingly.

Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Bert Van de Casteele

Thank you Vali for the update.

Would you be so kind as to update this status as well, should the new version be available on the app store?

In the meantime, aside from joining the iOS Beta Channel, is there any way we can improve the PUSH functionality on the iOS clients at the moment?

George C likes this.
  6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi everybody
    On Friday we've uploaded a new beta, 15.5.13.338 - its main feature (from my point of view) is its optimized (read "reduced") background running time: it sleeps more and, therefore, the battery consumption is significantly reduced. There are also improvements in audio handling (ringtone, dialtone, touchtone, DTMFs, audio swap) alongside improved, iOS10+ missed call/chat notifications, but the reduced background time looks to be the most significant improvement.

jed likes this.
  7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

A bit off-topic:

I've been asked if it's possible to call back from a missed call notification shown on the lock screen, without unlocking: well, it is possible - gently* swipe left the notification and a "view" button will appear. Tap it, and the notification will expand, showing 3CX's "Call Back" button. Now, obviously, if you tap it, you will call back without unlocking the screen.

*if you swipe too fast to the left, the notification will execute last button's command, ie "Clear", deleting the notification. The same if you swipe too fast to the right, first button's command, ie "Open", will be executed, prompting you to unlock the screen to open 3CX in order to call back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.