Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

iOS mobile App.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MatthewHood, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatthewHood

Hi,
    Can someone tell me if i'm going crazy of does the iOS phone app have less settings that the android equivalent?
    In particular ‘Busy When on GSM Call’ is not where I expect to see it in the iOS app.
    Likewise, i cannot find the Enable 3G check box.
    I'm OK with being crazy but please put me out of my misery.
    Cheers
    Matt

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @MatthewHood

Please note that since iOS is using CallKit some of the options are handled by that, so android and iOS clients are not identical. I am not a developer so i cannot explain exactly how things work but i can confirm you are not going crazy :)

jed likes this.
  3. MatthewHood

Thanks Yiannis,
    I'm not an apple user so let me see if i have this. we need to configure this callkit to allow the push and other functions between 3CX and the handset ui to function?

The specific issues I have are
    * an incoming call to the 3CX client will not acknowledge the phone already being in a mobile call and it cuts in without any user input.
    * The iPhone is not 'waking' for an incoming call when in a locked state.

#3 MatthewHood, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@MatthewHood
    My advice is - before starting using 3CX client on your iPhone, first read and get familiar with the iOS basics: WiFi/Cellular, privacy, DND, emergency calls, notification center, control center, application rights, sounds, bluetooth... Play a bit with iPhone's Phone and Facetime apps and - if you had one on Android - another familiar app such as Viber or Skype.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

My iPhone wakes fine when I have an incoming call on 3cx App for iOS.
    There is an issue if I recall where sending iOS call to voicemail actually just hangs up (not sure if resolved or ongoing).
    I have not experienced your other issue of 3cx interrupting a GSM call - but I think I have seen it go the other way. Perhaps that was before the app was rewritten to use CallKit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. MatthewHood

Hi Vali
    thanks for the advice.
    While i have you, i have seen in an old thread your description of why there is a delay in calls to the ios app (PUSH function). I understand this, but was wondering what kind of delay time would be considered normal. The install I have in mind for this question is a Linux debian 9 install (VM) cloud hosted on our hardware in a data centre in the same country (we are in Australia) . The business owner runs a new iphone X which connects to a WLAN when at the business address and via 4G when off site.

Currently, when someone calls into his phone from external to the 3CX install, they get connected and hear 4-5 ring bursts before the app starts ringing. I have tested and can confirm this. In time, this is between 8 -10 seconds from the time the caller starts to hear the ring bursts from the PBX, (not to be mistaken for the moment they finish dialing the DID or something)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

regards
    Matt Hood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.