ios6 client testing

Discussion in 'iOS' started by rocketmandlgc, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocketmandlgc

Been working on this for a couple of days. Here are some findings which I hope Support will take on board

3cx Server V11 running on windows server 2003
    iOS 6 running on iPhone 4s and iPad 2
    3cx for windows running on Vista Laptop

Running in the same office as the server - all fine.

Running as extension at home
    3cx for windows all fine make/receive call, pick up email, call transfer - all fine, which is great news because at one point I thought my isp might be blocking some traffice - now known to be not the case.

iOS 6 devices very flakey. Please note "out of box" nstall from the app store - first rtp port is set at 4000 - should this be 40000 which is what the 3cx server seems to be expecting.

on both devices - after a cold reboot of my dsl router and restarting my devices, I am able to make ONE call (either pick up mail, receive a call or make a call - and get two way voice traffic. After that the devices refuse to work. I can connect to the server using the mail pickup code but then after connection,I get silence (no announcements). Sometimes - but ONLY sometimes after a long pause I get asked to enter my extension number followed by my PIN. I can dial a number but get no voice communication either way. Again, I can transfer a call to another extension. the extension rings, I pick up, but no voice traffic.

On the server, the log reports hat no RTP traffic is being received.

I reboot and restart everything and once again can do ONE thing correctly before it all goes wrong again.

Hope all this helps to deliver a better finished product which I am really looking forward to . Just waiting for the day when I can "retire" my old laptop. But not yet - It is still the only device that works correctly.

Oh - one other thing - is there a file of UK English annoucements for my server?. We cannot press "Pound" on our phones - it's called "The Hash Key" Most annoying

2. rocketmandlgc

My apologies - found the solution. For the benefit of others:

I have a Netgear N150 adsl router in my office where the 3cx server lives. There is a setting in WAN setup "Disable SIP ALG" you need to disable this since it conflicts with 3cx's own internal workings.

I also disabled Port Scan and DOS attack protection just to be sure - not sure which one works but I've been happily making and receiving calls for the past hour with no hiccups.

This has also cured the echo problems my callers had been reporting. All is well with the world

About to go out for a drive to test the 3g on my iPhone 4s. Will post later

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Regarding
    Management console, "3CX Phone System Updates -> System Prompt Sets" page.
    Download "UK English Prompts Set"
    Select it as active on Settings->System Prompts Page (button "Manage Promptsets" at the top)

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rocketmandlgc

Excellent - thanks sy

One final thing, I can really see this app taking off as the de facto extension being used on a tablet device at home or when visiting other offices. I really think it would benefit from being able to swing round for use in Landscape mode. I guess this is the orientation most people would use when typing/surfing on a tablet.

5. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes I can agree with you, however we just started to build an iPad UI version with this version.
    Me must leave some room for "improvment" ;-)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. rocketmandlgc

Wish List Items.

On iOS devices, there seems no way to add a Direct SIP number to any of the designated phone number fields in contacts, since whenever you try to add an entry, you only get the numerical keypad. The contact entries cannot be edited from within 3cx.

There is however a field in Contacts called SIP DIRECT which brings up the full keyboard and therefore allows for entries such as xxxxxx@mydomain.com. So in the next release would it be possible to add that field to the list of available numbers to dial when showing the contacts in 3cx ?

Also, it would be good to be able to see the contact list from the company database on the 3cx server.

7. rocketmandlgc

results of my car drive,

Could not get any voice connection on the (O2) 3G connection. Could call an extension, receive incoming but once connected - no voice traffic. As far as I am aware O2 are supposed to be one of the good guys and don't block voip traffic, so maybe I need to tweak something either on my iPhone or 3cx server or my office firewall. any suggestions would be appreciated as I now feel about 99% happy with 3cx. The ability for my office to be able to transfer calls to me while I'm on the move would be a clincher.

For info, tried the iPhone on both UDP and TCP - no joy. tried putting the first rtp port back down to 4000 (had it at 40,000) no joy.

The server has a static IP so the stunn setting is off but the stun server on my phone is still set at stun3.3cx.com

Running out of ideas to try

PS - phone and iPad are both working fine on Wi-fi. rtp transport is set to TCP and the iPad "wakes up" when a call come in - even after being dark for a considerable time on batteries (ie not pugged in to a wall socket)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.