IP Address Change

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cbongard, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbongard

I prepared a new 3CX server at our main office, modified the IP address, and shipped it out to our remote office. Now, none of the phones will provision and connect. I have the Option 66 set on our DHCP server out there, but the phones refuse to connect. I do see them attempting to provision in the server activity log, but see the following information:
    [CM302001]: Authorization system cano not identify source of: SipReq: SUBSCRIBE MAC%3 etc.

And shortly therafter, the subscr. is terminated.

What am I missing? Why is it so difficult to change the IP address on a 3CX server? Why can't we use DNS names to make the 3CX IP Address changes easier?

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Go to advanced settings - custom parameters and carefully change manually the address (several instances).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cbongard

I had already changed all the instances and still receive this error. I also went through ALL the provisioning files and confirmed they all have the new IP address.

Any other ideas?

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

No idea, no reason for this. Have you restarted your system ?
    I've changed the addresses many times, practically in each installation for a customer.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cbongard

I rebuilt our phone system from scratch and ran in to the same problem. I am not sure why the scope Option 66 did not work, but the solution ended up being a static DHCP reservation for each individual phone, and assigning the Option 66 that way. Weird one, but could be a SNOM firmware issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.