Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

IP Address Change

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cbongard, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbongard

I prepared a new 3CX server at our main office, modified the IP address, and shipped it out to our remote office. Now, none of the phones will provision and connect. I have the Option 66 set on our DHCP server out there, but the phones refuse to connect. I do see them attempting to provision in the server activity log, but see the following information:
    [CM302001]: Authorization system cano not identify source of: SipReq: SUBSCRIBE MAC%3 etc.

And shortly therafter, the subscr. is terminated.

What am I missing? Why is it so difficult to change the IP address on a 3CX server? Why can't we use DNS names to make the 3CX IP Address changes easier?

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Go to advanced settings - custom parameters and carefully change manually the address (several instances).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cbongard

I had already changed all the instances and still receive this error. I also went through ALL the provisioning files and confirmed they all have the new IP address.

Any other ideas?

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

No idea, no reason for this. Have you restarted your system ?
    I've changed the addresses many times, practically in each installation for a customer.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cbongard

I rebuilt our phone system from scratch and ran in to the same problem. I am not sure why the scope Option 66 did not work, but the solution ended up being a static DHCP reservation for each individual phone, and assigning the Option 66 that way. Weird one, but could be a SNOM firmware issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.