• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

IP address instead of FQDN in incoming local calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

stangri

Forum User
Reaction score
I'm using a bunch of non-3cx clients with the PBX and one of them is a native Android SIP client.

Lately, the incoming calls from local PBX users show extension@IP rather than [email protected] in the native Android SIP client.

Now, I don't know when this started happening, I was a happy customer running v15 on a VM in Google Cloud until attempt to upgrade to Debian 9 borked the VM (I know, should have made a snapshot) and some time later I killed the old, non-working VM and started fresh with the new cloud install and restore from backup.

I'm on version 15.5.0 and the Standard Perpetual license. I have configured the local SIP domain and the DNS records according to https://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/direct-sip/ and I have no problem calling (and reaching) [email protected] nor [email protected] and I can use either 3cx FQDN or my own domain when registering soft phones -- still on incoming calls I get the extension@IP rather than extension@FQDN.

Any idea how to fix that?

Hi Stangri,

Firstly check that between the update that nothing in your network environment changed, such as local or public IP address. Now you're local IP should be set statically and Public should be either static or dynamic.

Also check that your new VM ware network adapter is set correctly (normally I bridge it so it is not NAT'd).

Have you also confirmed whether you get this behaviour with a standard 3CX softphone?

Check the info on the network tab under settings and the soft phone provisioning for the extension... I’ve never used a different client - but those are two places where IPs and FQDNs exist.

Check the info on the network tab under settings and the soft phone provisioning for the extension... I’ve never used a different client - but those are two places where IPs and FQDNs exist.
Both are set to sip.mydomain.com for the Network/FQDN and provision of both extensions involved in the test.

This feels like Deja vu

Like someone asked this question last month... and same answers. It may not be possible.

I've tried to search for a similar problem and didn't find any relevant posts.

BTW, forgot to mention it in the OP -- it was working just fine a few months ago on the old VM which got borked during an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.