Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

IP address instead of FQDN in incoming local calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stangri, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stangri

I'm using a bunch of non-3cx clients with the PBX and one of them is a native Android SIP client.

Lately, the incoming calls from local PBX users show extension@IP rather than extension@sip.mydomain.com in the native Android SIP client.

Now, I don't know when this started happening, I was a happy customer running v15 on a VM in Google Cloud until attempt to upgrade to Debian 9 borked the VM (I know, should have made a snapshot) and some time later I killed the old, non-working VM and started fresh with the new cloud install and restore from backup.

I'm on version 15.5.0 and the Standard Perpetual license. I have configured the local SIP domain and the DNS records according to https://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/direct-sip/ and I have no problem calling (and reaching) name@sip.mydomain.com nor extension@sip.mydomain.com and I can use either 3cx FQDN or my own domain when registering soft phones -- still on incoming calls I get the extension@IP rather than extension@FQDN.

Any idea how to fix that?

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Stangri,

Firstly check that between the update that nothing in your network environment changed, such as local or public IP address. Now you're local IP should be set statically and Public should be either static or dynamic.

Also check that your new VM ware network adapter is set correctly (normally I bridge it so it is not NAT'd).

Have you also confirmed whether you get this behaviour with a standard 3CX softphone?

3. stangri

Of course it did, the new setup uses new values.

Not an esxi/VM Ware VM.

3cx client shows just an extension, not a full address (so neither IP nor FQDN).

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Check the info on the network tab under settings and the soft phone provisioning for the extension... I’ve never used a different client - but those are two places where IPs and FQDNs exist.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. stangri

Both are set to sip.mydomain.com for the Network/FQDN and provision of both extensions involved in the test.

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

This feels like Deja vu

Like someone asked this question last month... and same answers. It may not be possible.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. stangri

I've tried to search for a similar problem and didn't find any relevant posts.

BTW, forgot to mention it in the OP -- it was working just fine a few months ago on the old VM which got borked during an upgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.