• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

IP Blacklist ALLOW / BLOCK Priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffremaux

Forum User
Reaction score
Ver 15.5 enterprise, internal extensions and external softphones / extensions. I have had this question for some time now and cannot seem to get a good handle on how this works. If the IP BLACKLIST is simply a list of BLOCK or ALLOW, then ok. What I do not know how the list internally works. Does ALLOW take precedence over BLOCK, like a firewall would work (not to imply that IP Blacklist is supposed to act like a firewall). An example would be if my SIP provider uses several different IP addresses in the 207.22.x.x range and I setup an ALLOW filter for these addresses - and I am getting bogus attempts to register from different IP addresses in the 207.x.x.x range. If I ADD a BLOCK to the entire 207.x.x.x range, does the ALLOW 207.22.x.x filter take PRIORITY over the BLOCK 207.x.x.x filter and allow my SIP provider to PASS. I hope I explained this clearly. Thanks Forum Members - ffremaux

Hello @ffremaux

Please note that Allow does take precedence over Deny just like a firewall (but should not be used as one) so in your example the Providers IP addresses should be allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.