Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved IP Config Issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Roy Pitchford, Nov 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roy Pitchford

I installed the debian version on a fresh VMware VM, thinking I would be asked what IP address to use for the LAN. This did not come up during the debian install phase. During the 3CX install, I specified my desired LAN IP of 192.168.60.227. For whatever reason, the address 192.168.60.101 was used instead, which appears to be static as it does not show in the DHCP leases.
    I read that the only way to change the 3CX LAN IP was to uninstall/reinstall. I could not find any instructions on how to do just the 3CX uninstall/reinstall on debian, so I just deleted the VM and started over.
    This time, I added a reservation to DHCP for the MAC used by the VM. I verified the MAC and Lease, but the lease was never taken.
    After going through all the same steps, I ended up with the same results.
    I can only guess that during the install, a random IP address is pulled out of some hat and that is what is used, like it or not. Or am I missing something?!?

Thanks, Roy

I solved the IP address issue. It turns out the DHCP servers were in a failover mode and not staying on the same page. Once this was fixed, the VM was taking the correct address.

I also located information about manually uninstall/install 3cx on debian. The uninstall is easy, the install is a bit more arcane, but seems to work...

Roy

#1 Roy Pitchford, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  2. vazzY

Not being an expert in VMware (or 3CX), but doesn't it allows you to manage your VMs in a different subnetwork from your actual LAN? As well as it allows you to bypass it if directly to your LAN as you specify it in the VMware settings?

If so is affecting to you where are you reserving the DHCP leases?

3. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You can modify setting of your IP address by pressing <Back> button during Debian installation, just after finishing automated configuration of network card -- then you setup a static address instead of assigned automatically by DHCP, etc. You PBX needs a static IP address in your LAN.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad the issue is now resolved and thank you for sharing your solution. Locking the thread as solution was found.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.