IP Door sensor

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by renardi, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renardi

Hello,

I was wondering if there were door sensors, who could connect to 3CX and dial phone when a door is opened?

I would like to use this in a store, to know when someone has entered.

Regards,

Christophe.
    Belgium

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. flurk

Hi,

if this can help you: in the past week i built a SIP-doorbel, using an old handsfree analog pots telephone, connected to a grandstream ATA HT508 (or GXW400x).
    The essential concepts are: the hookswitch of the telephone becomes the doorbell; in the ATA-box the field "offhook auto dial" should be configured.
    My setup works fine; i can even transfer the doorbell to an IVR or a voice-mail recorder.

For your system, you could do exactly the same: the hookswitch of the telephone becomes the door sensor. when the door opens, automatically a specific tel. number is dialed.

If you want to know more, contact me and I'll send you the detailed recipe of my contraption.
    I'm even thinking of building a SIP dooropener. In this case the telephone bell will trigger an optocoupler, which in turn will trigger an electromagnet, which controls the door.

Greets,
    Flurk,
    Brussel

3. renardi

Thanks Furk.

Is there another way to simulate a hookswitch on a ATA device, lets say by pressing a button?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. flurk

Hi,

first, I never gave it a thought to connect a switch directly to an ATA device, but that must be possible. A simple switch with a series resistor might work. You might have to think about how to interrupt your "call" after a given time. I think you will have to build an electronic circuit there with a simple timer.
    I used a complete telephone for my setup, because i needed also the handsfree functionality.
    For the dooropener, i will also use a complete telephone, that i modify and of which i will use in the end only the ringer-parts.

Secondly, as a "switch" you might use anything: pushbutton, microswitch, reedswitch...

regards,
    flurk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.