• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

IP-PBX Telephony System for UCMA 3.0 Standalone IVR System

Status
Not open for further replies.

waikeing

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am new to the world of telephony system and I would hope members here can shed some lights for me or porint me to the right direction.

My company has a need for doing an IVR system. We are a microsoft shop so we lean on using the UCMA 3.0 api from MS. And we developed a standalone IVR system in .NET using UCMA. The model that we use is described here in this MSDN article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg448007.aspx. We use the X-Lite 4.0 softphone client to test the application and it works locally.

We are now trying to push the test application to a deployment environment. We do not have any existing IP telephony system so we are pretty much starting from scratch here. Since we are in windows environment 3CX popped up first in googld search. We are not looking for free software but a software that can work and fit into the model. We currently have Verizon so I am thinking about their VoIP service. But we want to build our own server for IP-PBX and do not want to consume any third party service. So I was wondering if:

1. 3CX could offer what we need here to fulfill the model's need? i.e. "A new incoming call arrives at the UCMA application from an endpoint (such as Microsoft Lync 2010), SIP gateway, or IP PBX". In other words, can 3CX give us an endpoint as SIP gateway or IP-PBX?

2. Besides the window server, what other hardware do we need? such as routers, modems, adapters, etc?

3. Besides the VoIP service, what other software or service we might potentially need to set up the IP-PBX server?

Thank you,

waikeing

Re: IP-PBX Telephony System for UCMA 3.0 Standalone IVR Syst

1. 3CX could offer what we need here to fulfill the model's need? i.e. "A new incoming call arrives at the UCMA application from an endpoint (such as Microsoft Lync 2010), SIP gateway, or IP PBX". In other words, can 3CX give us an endpoint as SIP gateway or IP-PBX?

Yes, 3CX can interface with your IVR system. Without any customization, 3CX can interface with MS Exchange 2007/2010 which are based on UCMA for it underlying sip signaling.

2. Besides the window server, what other hardware do we need? such as routers, modems, adapters, etc?

That depends on your choice of phone service. If you are using PSTN for incoming calls, you will need a voip gateway to interface with your 3CX. But if you are using sip trunks from a voip provider, all you need is a firewall that will allow port forwarding without any port translation. I have good experience with the Cisco ASA5505 and it works quite well.

3CX can run in a virtual environment so if you already have a virtual infrastructure in place, you do not need to purchase any new hardware. Of course, it depends on the volume of calls you are getting at any given time.

3. Besides the VoIP service, what other software or service we might potentially need to set up the IP-PBX server?

If you are going to use a sip trunk service and want some sort of redundancy, a 2nd internet service (different provider preferred in case its a system wide issue with your 1st ISP) with fix ip is preferred. Most voip provider can provision a secondary ip address as a backup in case your first one is down. Having a backup will allow calls come in when your main line is down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.