Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

IP Phone and SIP Account support

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

Snom 300 has 4 SIP Identities, what does this mean

If I have a Snom 320 it has 1 SIP Identity, does this mean that if I have more than one phone line (Trunk) I can only receive calls from one of these lines and the Snom would be able to receive calls from all 4

Is a single VOIP account equivlent to 1 sip identity

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Haven't used that model but I assume that it is the number of SIP accounts that the phone can have assigned. Some sets have more than one line key, and each line key can be assigned a different extension (phone) number. If the incoming calls were coming into 3CX and a person on the Snom were on the phone (using on trunk), if a call came in on the second trunk, it could ring other phones, or a second extension (line key) on the Snom. the first call, would , of course, have to be put on hold to take the second call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.