ip phone provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Heath, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heath

Heath New Member

I have Aastra Phone that I am trying to provision... I went in to extension and added the phone and gave me the provisioning link... I then clicked on how to provision this phone... Now it says find your provisioning folder of your 3cx install, and save the firmware in that folder.. Its giving me info where to look for the folder on a hard drive, but my 3cx is stored on OVH Linux servers... And when I put the config file information in the webgui of my phone, nothing... ALso in the Management console even though I added the phone to the extension.. There is nothing on the Phone Tab, and when I click add phone, it goes to the same place where I added the phone in extensions.

2. us1

us1

You will need to SSH into the OVH server. You can use SCP to transfer any firmware as needed.

That said, you will note the Aastra phones are considered "legacy / limited feature set and support". Based on your other posts, it appears you're diving into 3cx for the first time. It helps tremendously to use only the supported phones, hardware, SIP trunk providers, etc., in order to make this a great experience. Going outside of those recommendations when you're still so new to the platform will make it exceedingly difficult to succeed.

Best of luck!

3. Heath

Heath New Member

The aastra phones is what I currently have with my current provider. I'm converting to 3cx. I'm not much savvy on Linux servers. I have putty and now how to log in to the cloud. But that's much it. Any help is much appreciative.

4. AlexDBarrett

Hi Heath,

Have you considered in buying some tech support time?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.