IP Phone Recommendation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rudym, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rudym

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help, I'm kind of new to the VoIP world and trying to setup a new 3CX system. Can someone recommend a good phone I will have 8 lines and about 16 ext. some of the features i would like to have are all forwarding, transferring, voicemail, call conferencing and anything good that caomes along :lol: . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    RudyM

2. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Recently I installed 50+ phones on the plant. I used Grandstream GXP 2000 + 2000EXT for secretary, GXP-2010 for management and GXP-1200 for employes.
    Also I used 2 GXW-4108 FXO gateways for old analog lines, some HT-502 for fax machines, 1 Portech MV-304 (4 port VOIP-GSM) gateway, 1 Patton Smartnode E1.

All works surprisingly smooth. The sound is excellent. I would recommend Grandstream.

The only problem I stuck with is a good Wi-FI SIP phone. I cannot found one.

3. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hello,
    you forget linksys also
    in my openion go ahead gxp2020
    it's good voice and quality
    but you in overall compare the are equale

4. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Im not found gateways at Linksys. So I prefer to take equipment from single vendor and receive discount. In addition the Grandstream GXP-1200 is cheaper than Linlsys analog.
    I used some GXP-2020 but preffered GXP-2010 for mass installation. GXP-2010 contains large additional keypad for direct dialing or BLF. GXP-2020 is bigger but less useful.

5. radelman

I am using 6 Grandstream 2010's which produce clear tx and rx. I am also using a Grandstream 4104 for connection to pstn's and have suffered no major problems. These phones do not however record calls.

6. ktikoft

I have GXP2020's as the 2010s were not around at the time I agree the 2010 is the pick up the bunch espcially now 3cx has conferencing. I will be happier when there is a meeting security interface for the conferencing module.

Snom are better in my opinion but you do pay for it. witha 15-30 % premium

7. moon1234

Polycom are by far the best for voice quality. Look at the 550s or 650s. You will not be sorry.

8. h2009

h2009 Member

For a good combo of both sound quality and price - Aastra is the way to go. IP55 are the best all round phones i've used and i've tested just about everything on the market.

PM me if you need help and your in the UK or if your going to be terminating alot of calls to the UK.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.