• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

IP Phone Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

petewatterschats

Reaction score
I am new to this

I am in a testing and evaluation phase and need to pick one Preferred IP Phone for testing, first I need to pick a manufacture and would like some recommendations. Support is important and after looking at Fanvil, Snom, Htek and Yealink web pages I have eliminated Fanvil because it looks like no support that we in the US can use is available.

After my research I am considering the Yealink T21P/E2 or the P22P as the one phone for testing

Any advise would be appreciated

The Yealink phones have worked excellent for me, T20P's and T38G's

Only used Yealink - no issues

Yealink phones T19, T26, T28, T32, T46 and T48 worked excellent, also Snom’s 300, 320, and 760.
Yealink forum and support is very good, Snom forum is lousy.

The Yealink forums are ok. Support is in there pretty regularly but sometimes drops the ball on a promised response or totally do not understand the translation.

I have only used Yealink and Grand-stream - so I can not comment on the rest of the lineup of preferred phones.

I started with Yealink T38's - but if I recall they are no longer releasing firmware - so I moved to the T46.

I use Yealink T46G und W52P. Worked fine for me.

They've all got their nuances ;-). I've use Polycom, Aastra, Grandstream, and just recently - Yealink. They're all in use in my environments. They all work.

It's not really so much as what you use, it's how well you know it. Learning one, well, is the best advice I would give. Switching brands starts the learning curve again, and of course supporting more than one brand means keeping up-to-date on more than one brand.

I used to loathe Polycom because of their complicated method of updating, but, once that's figure out, it's not so bad. And, I've yet to come across a brand that has as lengthy supportability window. Even long ago discontinued models still provision and function nicely. The rather quick obsolescence of some brands is annoying.

And if 3CX has a "spat" with a manufacturer, and elects not to support their system with those sets - well - that takes some of the wind out of 3CX's "open source SIP" touted feature ;-).

That said, I deployed Yealink on the most recent project, and while the learning curve was there, it wasn't so bad, and the sets work well.

In an ideal 3CX world, there would be no hardphones :). The administrators life would be good :).

When I type G R A N D S T R E A M, 3CX changes it to grandstream.

That is so childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.