Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

ip scheme for ip pbx exchange

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ameyambekar, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ameyambekar

hi everybody ,
    i have a genuine problem . my office runs on following ip scheme 133.68.1.0. however i would like to run the 3cx exchange on the same ip scheme ie 133.68.1.0 (255.255.255.0). how do i configure the exchange .please help me ... its urgent...

2. SmackBangGollop

were going to need some more information. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is

3. ameyambekar

hi
    thanx for the reply. let me elaborate the problem . when i put the ip scheme of the ip phones and the pc on which ip exchange is installed as 192.168.100.0 (255.255.255.0) and so on .the ip phones get registered easily . but the problem starts when i change the ip scheme of the ip phones and the pc on which ip exchange is installed to 133.68.1.0(255.255.255.0)and so on ,the ip phones do not get registered in the exchange . how do i resolve the issue ...please help

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is everything else, on the network, in the same IP range (133.68.1.XX) ? This would, of course, have to include the gateway (to the WAN), and a DHCP server. As long as all devices use the same IP range (with the subnet mask you are using), then there should not be an issue. Are you giving the sets static IP's or are they picking those up from a DHCP server?

Private networks usually use 192.168.XX.XX, 10.0.XX.XX or 172.16.XX.XX

5. ameyambekar

hi,
    thanx for the reply. my complete office complex is working on the same IP scheme ie 133.68.1.0 (255.255.255.0). all the clients in the network have static ip and there is no dhcp server . i have a doubt , is it that 3cx exchange(free version) works only on a specific set of ip scheme.can you please help me on this .
    regards
    amey

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Am uncertain, but you might take a look at Windows firewall.

If the server running 3CX only has one NIC card and it is set to the same subnet as the rest of the network and phones and there is no Vlan or other oddity about (all one homogeneous network), then as Leejor indicated it should present no problem. You should be able to ping from the server to any device (where ping not blocked) without issue.

You should run the firewall checker first as this may give a clue and additionally check to see if perhaps 3CX blacklisted any of the IPs of interest. Finally, simply turn the Windows firewall or other firewall that may be in place on the server off for a bit and see what happens.

7. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Adding 133.68.1.0/24 as private network in custom parameters (advanced settings) in 3CX maintenance console should do the job.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.