• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

iPhone 3CX International Traveling

Status
Not open for further replies.

c.keen

Customer
Reaction score
We have some employees that travel internationally. Having the the 3CX Client on their phone and using it calls outside of the U.S., would this use data or voice on their cell phone plans? I would assume it is using data since it's technically an app or am I assuming wrong?

Hello @c.keen

You assume correctly as the app will use data for the communication

Fantastic! Thank you for your reply.

Glad i could assist

I've used 3cx App before while traveling international on Hotel WiFi. Works great.
One caveat perhaps: The caller ID is that of the office. If you call a loved one at home - they may fear something has happened to you and your office is calling to tell your loved one some bad news.

Unless you travel to Canada and use the Rogers network... in which case the iOS app won't work at all until you're connected to wifi.

This has been an ongoing issue for a couple of months now since Rogers upgraded their network to IPv6 only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.