Iphone 4 lost registration

Discussion in 'iOS' started by glimmer1980, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glimmer1980

Hi all,

I have a Iphone 4 with 3CX installed (latest version). Now i have SIP account active. Now we use 3CX internally on our WIFI network and it happens that i get a message from 3cx saying:

LOST REGISTRATION, NETWORK AVAILABLE LAN

What happens is that i can't receive calls if i receive this message. Does anyone have any clue on what this could be?

Regards,

Ramon

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This cropped up previously, but was supposed to be corrected in a new release...

http://www.3cx.com/forums/iphone-unregister-without-notifcation-27521.html

3. glimmer1980

I'm affraid the new update didn't fix this problem, i hope that the next update will.

When will there be a next update?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Your guess is as good as mine, you'll just have to keep checking back.

Someone at 3CX may be kind enough to provide some Info on when that might be.

5. roars1111

There is a limitation on how apps work in the "Background" in iOS. When a running application is pushed to the background in iOS4 or higher, it is put into a suspended state. It is not actually ‘running’ any more. Because the app is in a suspended state, it won’t impact the performance of an application running in the foreground nor will it consume a lot of battery. More importantly, for a VoIP application like 3CX for iPhone, the application cannot perform any actions for a minimum of 600 seconds. This means the app cannot perform any SIP registrations, keep-alives, or other actions that a VoIP application normally executes in order to maintain connectivity. Apple did provide support for the maintenance of TCP-based connections for VoIP applications while in the background however. Try switching to TCP transport if your PBX support it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.