Iphone 4 Will not register?

Discussion in 'iOS' started by zone97, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zone97

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: [iPhone]
    Generation: [4]
    Firmware Version: [4.2.1]
    Jailbreak: [YES]
    Cydia Installed: [YES]

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: [Iphone]
    Contacts: []
    Connection: [3G]
    Server: [External]

I have been following the guides and posts here on the site but can not seem to get my phone to register externally. It will via wifi internally. I have had it work before via vpn, but would rather a direct connection as the vpn often drops and then the phone will also.

Is there a guide for manual setup using the iphone externally?

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Does your PBX has correct NAT settings? In Case of a 3CX 5060 and 9000-9049
    Keep in mind there lots of Providers Blocking VoIP.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ricaluanna

It worked fine on my iphone4. Wonder what went wrong with yours?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. willow

willow Member

i would assume that your carrier may be blocking 5060 port. I just tested my iphone 4 in the states over the 3g network and it works fine.

5. harolddwell28

wondering myself

6. willow

willow Member

also make sure that your public IP is populated in the 3cx server under settings/network/public ip. You will need to restart the 3cx service after the change.

7. zone97

Ok here is where I have gotten thus far..

I can get the phone to register, but the person I call from the iphone can hear me. I can not hear them. Works fine internally but not externally (3g). I have tried the 3cx app and Bria, both do the same thing. When connected internally via wifi works fine? Any suggestions?

8. willow

willow Member

sounds like you have a nat issue and dont have ports UDP 9000 thru 9049 forwared from the router to the 3cx system. remember when the 3cx app is started outside the network it uses different rtp ports then inside the network.

9. zone97

I have 5060 and 9000 -9049 tcp/udb forwarded. should I just make it udp only? would that help?

10. willow

willow Member

the rtp ports should be udp only. also make sure that no other services on the router are using those ports. It may be useful to have have the pbx delvier audio activated on the 3cx console for the extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.