Iphone 6s iOs 10+ - One Way App Calling

Discussion in 'iOS' started by SonnyPeas, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonnyPeas

When Iphone 6s picks up 3cx Mobile App call, there won't be any audio. Other end reports 1 way (they can hear me but I can't hear them) and Sometimes there isn't any audio at all.

The app tunnels back to Phone Sys, Firewall is clear and it's stationary on wifi NOT USING 3G,4G,LTE

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Try the callback service, *888, see if you have proper audio.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SonnyPeas

Just did the CB test and it worked

4. michlG

Hi,

I have the same problem. We have an iPhone 7s and a iPhone 8 (with newest iOS + 3CX Version). Both phones have the same problem. Sometimes we can pick up the call without problems. Sometimes we have only one-way audio. Sometimes we have no audio at all.

It definitely seems to be a problem with the app. I gives me the impression that it works more reliable if the app is already open and the phone is not locked. If the phone is locked and you respond directly from the lock-screen it seems to fail more often.

At the moment it fails about 50% of the calls.

I do not think that it is related to our network or firewall because I have a SNOM 870 ip telephone, in the same network, which works without problems.

Do you have an idea what we could do to resolve the issue?

Regards
    Michael

5. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

@SonnyPeas @michlG
    During latest developments, we made some fixes and improvements in CallKit integration, including the audio handling, which may also addresses the issue you described.

We plan to release a new beta sometime next week, so if you're members of our Beta program, please install TestFlight and watch for at least 15.2.12.306 to appear (however, I will announce it here to keep you informed).

Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

OK, 15.2.12.316 is available on AppStore, so you can check if the issue is solved - please let us know.

Thanks
    vali

7. nickloenders

Hi, I had a customer yesterday with the same one audio direction problem on his new Iphone 8.
    Is this still a problem with iphone app?

8. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

One-way audio can have many reasons. Here what I'm trying to figure out is only the following case: on absolutely the same network environment (for both caller and callee) one call has both audio but some time later an identical call (I mean, from the same caller to the same callee) has one way audio or no audio at all.

9. nickloenders

yes I know, but that iphone is the only smartphone in the office with the problem :)
    I don't know yet though whether he has the latest version yet...

10. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

If, in the same network environment, one-way audio happen in, let's say, 5 cases out of 5, then almost for sure it's a network configuration problem. If it happen randomly, then it might be what I'm trying to figure out - a SIP/CallKit integration issue.

I'm not aware about issues due to a particular Apple model (such as iPhone 8 in our case).

11. michlG

Hello,
    thank you for the update.
    It seems that this problem improved. There is still a delay when you answer the call but it is acceptable (at least for us).
    But since the update I got a few calls and never had a problem with one way audio.
    So I would say that this update is an improvement :)
    Regards
    Michael

12. Camsder

Apple has recently sought a solution to this problem.there are always a lot of problems with iOS updates, but this is the worst eve,The audio problem is easy to solve.But we can't stop it.

13. nickloenders

the problem on the iphone 8 I had is solved due to an update of the 3cx app client on his phone. For extra info they use a 3cx hosted solution with OVH linux servers.

Vali_3CX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.