Solved Iphone app can't connect over LTE

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

My IPhone 3cx app works fine on our internal Wifi. But over LTE when I'm out and about, it just says Registering/Connecting/Timeout.

Firewall checker is all fine except a problem on port 5060, but the 3cx webpage that shows the ports needed doesn't make it appear that the 3CX client needs 5060. The PBX works fine in all other aspects other than this problem with the 3CX client over LTE. So I am thinking that the problem reported by firewall checker is not relevant here.

I've toggled my extension's switch to use the tunnel off and on several times. The firewall checker reports that port 5090 works fine, so toggling the tunnel on for my extension should theoretically work, right?

Any ideas on what to do next?

2. tratz

tratz New Member

What carrier are you using? There were settings specific for the IPV6 carriers (Verizon, and Tmobile) on the iphone client forum.

3. engin411

engin411 New Member

Thanks @tratz. Using AT&T but I'll check that forum.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The fact the port 5060 (a rather critical port for many services) has an issue, is a bit of a concern. Does the phone work over external Wifi (a hotspot) ? Do any other external devices have issues?

you do realize that there is a specific forum dealing with the iOS App... https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/ios.35/

5. engin411

engin411 New Member

Thank you. Yeah, I realized I posted in the wrong forum. To your question about other external devices, this is the first external device our business is using. We are just starting to use that functionality here.

I did find a fix. I followed the list from user @Lev here https://www.3cx.com/community/thread...-2-bugs.46501/ and now my IPhone registers and can call on LTE.

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.