iPhone App unregisters itself from 3cx PBX

Discussion in 'iOS' started by domcoutts, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domcoutts

I have the 3cx iphone app installed on my iphone and ipad with the latest operating software and connect to our 3cx PBX system within the office network and both work fine... for a bit... then for no apparent reason, the app will unregister itself for a period of time and declare itself 'Not Registered', then after a while it will automatically re register itself.

There's clearly a setting somewhere that makes it time out. Bria does a similar thing on the ipad or iphone, whereas the desktop versions of both work absolutely fine.

What am i missing - i've spent hours on this now and would be extremely grateful for any help. Surely I am not the only one that experiences this?

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

are you connected with WiFi to the PBX?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. domcoutts

Yes I'm using a wifi connection within the local network.

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

this is an limitation in the phone. check here:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cxphone-for-iphone-technical-informations-19089.html#p96238

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. domcoutts

Thank you so much! I was beginning to pull my hair out! At least its not a mistake I made with the settings. thank you for your help! Best regards, Dominic

6. domcoutts

Hi Stefan, hopefully you will see this post and maybe have some more ideas, as I did what you suggested and made sure the iphone or ipad remains plugged into the power, but the softphone still un registers itself from the PBX, albeit not as quickly as it did before. It then will not register itself again until some time has passed. So i'm back to square one! Any ideas??

7. domcoutts

further to last...

looking at the 3cx PBX, when the iphone app has unregistered itself, the PBX will show that the extension is still registered, and until the PBX properly updates the extension status the iphone app is unable to re-register itself.

Though this doesnt really explain why the iphone app unregisters itself in the first place..

We currently have the free version of the 3cx PBX but would like to buy the full version if we can resolve this issue as a there are a few of us in the office with iphones/ipads and they should make a very good alternative to a desktop hardphone as the touch screens are easy to dial numbers etc, unlike the numeric keys on a laptop when using a computer based softphone.

Incidentally, the computer based, Bria softphone works seamlessly, whereas the Bria iphone app has the same issues as the 3cx iphone app..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.