• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

iPhone App unregisters itself from 3cx PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

domcoutts

Reaction score
I have the 3cx iphone app installed on my iphone and ipad with the latest operating software and connect to our 3cx PBX system within the office network and both work fine... for a bit... then for no apparent reason, the app will unregister itself for a period of time and declare itself 'Not Registered', then after a while it will automatically re register itself.

There's clearly a setting somewhere that makes it time out. Bria does a similar thing on the ipad or iphone, whereas the desktop versions of both work absolutely fine.

What am i missing - i've spent hours on this now and would be extremely grateful for any help. Surely I am not the only one that experiences this?

are you connected with WiFi to the PBX?

Yes I'm using a wifi connection within the local network.

this is an limitation in the phone. check here:
http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cxphone-for-iphone-technical-informations-19089.html#p96238

Thank you so much! I was beginning to pull my hair out! At least its not a mistake I made with the settings. thank you for your help! Best regards, Dominic

Hi Stefan, hopefully you will see this post and maybe have some more ideas, as I did what you suggested and made sure the iphone or ipad remains plugged into the power, but the softphone still un registers itself from the PBX, albeit not as quickly as it did before. It then will not register itself again until some time has passed. So i'm back to square one! Any ideas??

further to last...

looking at the 3cx PBX, when the iphone app has unregistered itself, the PBX will show that the extension is still registered, and until the PBX properly updates the extension status the iphone app is unable to re-register itself.

Though this doesnt really explain why the iphone app unregisters itself in the first place..

We currently have the free version of the 3cx PBX but would like to buy the full version if we can resolve this issue as a there are a few of us in the office with iphones/ipads and they should make a very good alternative to a desktop hardphone as the touch screens are easy to dial numbers etc, unlike the numeric keys on a laptop when using a computer based softphone.

Incidentally, the computer based, Bria softphone works seamlessly, whereas the Bria iphone app has the same issues as the 3cx iphone app..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.