• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved iPhone App version 15.2.2 rel. 24.11.16

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberpcs

Reaction score
Dear Sir,

I updated yesterday the 3cx app I had on my iPhone with the newly released one (Ver 15.2.2.103, released on November 24, 2016)
Unfortunately, while everything seems perfect when making internal calls, I cannot make any external phone calls through my “old” gateway Linksys SPA-3102 but still working perfectly with the older app version and with the Version 15 of 3cx.
Is this a bug that’s going to be resolved in a future update or this app version will not work with this gateway anymore?

Hi
The information you provide is pretty thin, I'm not able to figure out "the big picture" of your configuration. Can you please describe
- what connects to what and how (3cx phone->pbx->gateway, udp/tcp/tunnel)
- what's the error you get on the 3CX phone when you attempt to make the call?
- what's the version of the old 3CX client (as in its Settings/About) you said is working?
- if you have access to the PBX, what's the error you get in the logs when you attempt to make call?
Bottom line - the 3CX client is "aware" about only - and nothing else than - the PBX, which should be a V14/V15; isn't aware about anything like gateways, routers etc.
Thanks
vali

hello

3cx app version 15.2.2 on iPhone connect to 3cx version 15 PBX on Server.
The gateway is a Linksys SPA 3102
If we use the app of the iPhone to call internally (without passing by the Gateway SPA 3102) everything works fine.
If we use the app to get an outside line via SPA 3102, we can call but there is no sound from speaker or microphone.
If we use another iPhone with the older app (15.1.1) everything is working perfectly.
There is no errors in the log, the call is being placed but we cannot hear anything nor can anybody hear us.

Also last but not least, one of our employees who is still using an old iPhone with OS 9 cannot download the app anymore!
It says please upgrade to version 10 and his phone is not compatible with version 10.
He should have at least the old version present on the app store.
Please correct

Thanks for feedback

- about the call
As a 3CX phone developer, I can tell you that nothing changed in its SIP core. The only difference is in (let's say) SIP usage, since we added the G729 codec AND codecs provisioning - that means, the 3CX client codec's are set (at provisioning or by Welcome Email) by the PBX. So, my assumption here is that the new 3CX client offer a different codec order than the old 3CX client and the gateway may have a problem with (again assumption) GSM or G729 codecs. So, in the new client, have a look at Settings/Accounts/Your_account/Audio codecs page to see if it has the same as the old client - if not, arrange them manually, or enable only PCMU/PCMA and try again the call. (DO NOT tap Re-provision! Reprovisioning will override your settings!) If everything is OK, you will have to set the proper codec order into the PBX to accomodate your gateway.

- about iOS version
No, it's not possible. Strictly speaking, we no longer support 3CX client on an iOS version less than 10.x.

Hope it helps
vali

Hello All,

Absolutely the same issue here, internal calls work 100% fine, any external call that goes through our PATTON gateway produces no sound. It rings on other side but no sound and the otherside cannot hear us.

Tested on iPhone 5 IOS 10 (latest build)
Tested on iPhone 6S IOS 10

Phone system v15 (latest updates). Nothing changed in our network, the issue is happening since 3CX app updated itself on our phones. All works fine from desk phones or 3CX softphones for PC and MAC.

Please help, this is a major issue for us!

Thanks,
Damir

Hi
At least in the case of PATTON gateway, we both were wrong: not the codec order was the problem, and the issue happen with latest iOS client, previous iOS client and Android client.
The reason appear to be the that the PATTON and the client(s) were on different networks AND test extension doesn't have the "PBX delivers audio" option checked in the PBX. To be clear: PATTON gateway: 10.172.xxx.xxx, phone: 192.168.xxx.xxx

So, bottom line, it seems there are three solutions:
1- move the phone on the same network as PATTON (in my example, move from 192.168 to 10.172).
2 - for specified extension, in the PBX enable the "PBX delivers audio" option.
3- Add a rule in the PATTON gateway routes to allow all networks:
- Login to PATTON and go to IP/DNS->Routes page;
- add the Static Route with the following values:
Destination IP - 0.0.0.0
Destination Mask - 0.0.0.0
Gateway - IP of his gateway

Hope this helps also for Linksys.

Please confirm the results.

Hello Vali,

Thanks for your reply. We already have our phones in the same network subnet where the PATTON and 3CX phone system are. Also the PBX delivers audio is enabled. The calls to external numbers still do not produce sound on our 3cx ios app. You are correct with the codecs, I have changed them, made the app use the same codec as before still no go.

Thank for your help!

Best Regards,
Damir

Unfortunately, more than this I cannot help :( All I can do is to report this issue to our technical support, they have the proper environment and hardware knowledge to troubleshoot this issue. Even more, I strongly advice you to open a ticket there, so they could contact you for eventual Remote Desktop Connection, Wireshark captures and so on.

Whatever, I will find something meantime, I will update this topic.
Thanks

Thanks Vali,

Still not working I tried all your suggestions.
Just for info I have another clue now, if an outside PSTN line calls our office to this specific iPhone with version 15.2.2, it rings and the sound is perfect.
But only for incoming calls! strange enough!

Too bad that 3CX is not supported on older platform, after all iOS 10 is only 2 months old and not everybody is ready to upgrade in such a short notice.

Cheers to all :)

Hi, we have the same issue Here.
Patton FXO gateway with 3CX Release 15 both in the same LAN subnet.

Yealink Phones works OK
Android devices works OK
IPhone with old release works OK
IPhone with release 15.2.2.103 start to fail today

Issue:
It is possible to receive incoming calls through Patton from other stations and talk without problem
It is possible to call other stations and talk without problems
It is possible to call outside number through Patton but caller do not hear ringback tone neither both parties listen each other during call.

It something very strange but we replicate with different IPhones devices with iOS 10. It seems that when IPhone originate the call to outside numbers the app do not have privileges to reproduce audio for speakers. We enable everything on settings and reinstall the app a couple of times.

I understand that it is difficult to believe but is easy to reproduce.
Regards,

It just come in my mind: it might be possible that your gateways are configured to offer so called "early media", such as ring tone?

Thanks Vali,

No early media configured from my side on Linksys!
I don't even think it is an option.
If there is a problem with this SPA 3102 Gateway, then we can change it.
But it seems that even the Patton Gateway have the same problem.
Please correct or at least keep the old app on the app store!
Thanks a million

Someone could resolve this issue or found a workaround? Since last week, iOS users couldn't call to outside numbers.

Hello All,

This is becoming a big issue for us. Please post an update on this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Hello All,

Did anyone solve this issue yet with latest ios app version and voip gateway?

Hello again

Still no feedback regarding this issue. Are we left alone?

When we will have some news, we will announce, obviously.

OK, it is great to know that you are working on it. Thanks.

OK, some news:
we just uploaded a fix in a beta release, 15.2.3.110 so - if you're a member of our iOS Beta program - your TestFlight will notify you once Apple will approve it.

In you're not - and you want to become - a member of our iOS Beta program, plese use the dedicated form on our blog
http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/uc-ios-client-beta/

Thanks
vali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.