iphone / firewall

Discussion in 'iOS' started by alexdelyon, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexdelyon

Hello

"Push providers, iOS devices, and Mac computers are often behind firewalls. To send push notifications, you will need to allow inbound and outbound TCP packets on port 2195. To reach the feedback service, you will need to allow inbound and outbound TCP packets on port 2196. Devices and computers connecting to the push service over Wi-Fi will need to allow inbound and outbound TCP packets through port 5223.

The IP address range for the push service is subject to change. The reason being that providers will connect by hostname, rather than IP address. The push service uses a load balancing scheme that yields a different IP address for the same hostname. However, the entire 17.0.0.0/8 address block is assigned to Apple, so you can specify that range in your firewall rules."

I don't understand what should i do ? it is for witch firewall ? and where should i forward those port ? the iphone ip ? the ip of the pc where 3cx systeme is ?

Thank's

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

you need to talk to your network engineer to setup the forwarding in your network firewall.
    The port forwarding is from the public side of the firewall to the 3cx private ip.

Nothing needs to be done on the phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Please explain it a bit more, because I am a non-native English speaker and I am also very confused about the instructions.

Should the forwardings be in the router at the 3CX side or at the remote end side where the devices reside?
    e.g. forward port 2195 in the router at the 3cx server side or should port 2195 forwarded in the router at the iOS device side?

Which router contains the address block 17.0.0.0/8? At the 3cx server side or the side where the iOS device are?

Maybe it is possible to give an example? Please?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

this is all done 3cx server side.

(unless you are on your own home wireless system, you won't have access to the router remotely - and that would be a lot of routers to touch... everywhere the phone traveled. :mrgreen: )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.