iPhone mobile client call quality

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by stang9550, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stang9550

I have iPhone clients where the audio quality is not nearly as good as a normal call, the calls sound "tiny". I've tried changing the codecs and am so far using G722. Is there any tweaks or anything that can be done to fix it or is there any other iphone apps that I can try to see if its the software? Thanks!

2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @stang9550

Please tell me:

• when you say the audio quality is not nearly as good as normal calls, do you mean as good as calls are over GSM?
    • do you face any audio drops when using the client?
    • do you face this over 3G/4G, wifi or both?
    • where is you PBX hosted? At a remote location, on premise or on cloud?
    • what is the exact version of your client (More>>Settings>>About)?
    • What is the model of your device and how much is the device's free space?

3. stang9550

@loannisM

-The calls that go through the PBX to the iPhone sound "tinny" and poor compared to a standard call that goes over the cellular network.

-There are no audio drops what so ever, the connection is good it just sounds bad.

-The call is quality is the same no matter if your on 3G or LTE or WiFi (We have wireless AC and the WAN connection is Gigabit FiOS)

-PBX is hosted internally on a Hyper-V server

-3CX iOS version is 15.2.11.297 on both iPhones

- We have 2 iPhones and both are experience the same issue, one is a 6s Plus with 6GB of free space and also a 7 plus with over 60GB of free space, both are on iOS 11.2.2

4. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@stang9550

Well GSM and VoIP calls are not that easy to compare as VoIP phones depend on other functors such as bandwidth availability (mostly):
    1)If these are calls using a provider make sure that the issue is not coming from their side especially if it's not a supported provider(make use of a supported if possible)
    2)What you could also do is to enable call recording from inside the extensions, make a call and then listen to the recording in order to compare its quality to the one of your experience
    If the quality of the recording is better, that means the sound is passing correctly from the PBX thus the issue is occurring somewhere on the way.
    3) You can also run wireshark captures from all sides(depending on the scenario) and see from which side the disrupted audio comes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.