Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

iPhone Ring Delay

Discussion in 'iOS' started by HieronymousMerkin, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HieronymousMerkin

On an initial release of Version 11 I had 3CX for Iphone running with no trouble. Unfortunately I did a maintenance release upgrade to version 11 at the same time I did the iPhone IOS upgrade, so I do not know what broke what. here is the behavior, a Call into the 3CX system that would normally ring my iPhone as a sip extension, does not ring for 10-20 minutes after the original call inbound. For example, if my extension is part of a ring group and another phone in the ring group answers the incoming call, about 10 minutes later my iphone will ring, when I answer, I am conferenced in to the exiting conversation. The generaly behavior is for the iphone ap to lag well behind the incoming call to the 3cx. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Do not even know where to start looking?

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I guess you encounter a quite ugly issue in iOS here.
    Here how it happens:

You 3CX Phone App goes to sleep and hooks onto a live line which is handled by iOS to wake our application up when there is traffic.
    Now the call comes to the iPhone (NOT to our application) but the network layer inside the iphone is down. to the message is parked by iOS. Once you touch the phone, unlock it, press home or an apns message comes to the phone the network layer starts and passes data on... well we start ringing...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HieronymousMerkin

Stephan - Are you saying the issue is iPhone IOS 6.0.1? I did not have this issue on the previous version of IOS? What is the resolution plan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.